Mechanical Engineer II- Production Design Raytheon Missiles & Defense Tucson
Short Description :DFMAs, PFMAs, margin analysis, technical data package TDP development, application of geometric dimensioning and tolerance principals, engineering test principals, preparation of technical analysis reports, and presenting in design reviews Bachelor of Science ,…
Full Description :
Are you an individual that has a desire to be part of a team in a fast paced environment that delivers products that protect the war-fighter?
Do you want to be a part of a Directorate that challenges you, grows your skills, and intentionally provides new opportunities across programs to expand your technical breadth?
If you answered yes to these questions, we’d like to talk to you about your career.
The Mechanical Subsystems Directorate (MSD) is seeking several early career Mechanical Engineers at our Tucson, AZ, plant site to support across multiple programs both in development and production.
This Mechanical Engineering position performs in alignment to expectations in the design development and production support areas associated with mechanical designs, validation principals, qualification processes, procurement, and production processes across a designs life cycle. Development work may include requirements understanding, concept development, DFMAs, PFMAs, margin analysis, technical data package (TDP) development, application of geometric dimensioning and tolerance principals, engineering test principals, preparation of technical analysis reports, and presenting in design reviews.
As a Mechanical Engineer in an individual contributor role, responsibilities will include recommending solutions to a wide range of technical problems related to the design, manufacture, integration, and production sustainment of various mechanical sub-systems both in the engineering lab and the factory floor both Missiles & Defense and at suppliers. Post critical design activities include contributing to first article inspections, work instruction reviews, material dispositions, and root cause investigations to production issues. Decisions are data driven and require preparing technical justification analysis reports and presenting to a variety of Engineering Review Boards.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Required Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Aerospace, Engineering Science, Math, or other Engineering discipline.
- Two (2) years of professional experience in mechanical design or production support
- Proficiency with CAD solid modeling tools and analysis tools
- Experience with Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerance
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must currently have or be able to obtain a Department of Defense Secret clearance
- United States Citizenship
- Four (4) years of professional experience in industry is desired.
- Advanced degree in Engineering discipline
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; both verbally and written
- Ability to work in teams or independently, flexible, demonstrates initiative
- Experience in mechanical sub-systems packaging, materials, thermal, structural analysis, energetics principals, control systems, interconnect, airframe, or large assembly development
- Support tasks as experience allows relative to both design development and production support
- Working knowledge of Missiles & Defense processes and procedures
Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on erokko-club.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.