STC - Material Handler 2nd Shift DICK'S Sporting Goods East Point
Short Description :Manner Using safe and secure material handling methods to maximize use of trailer space and distribute merchandise properly according to our standards Verifying purchase orders, location numbers, case pack quantities, and other information ,…
Full Description :
- DICK’S Sporting Goods is seeking full-time distribution center Material Handler to join our team in Atlanta, GA ! Every associate at DICK'S Sporting Goods is united by a common thread – our PASSION for the sports we love. Associates joining our team have an opportunity to be a part of a growing Fortune 500 company that makes lasting impacts on our communities through sport and activity.
- Unloading, loading, staging, and warehousing of cartons and large bulky objects
- Using safe and secure material handling methods to maximize use of trailer space and distribute merchandise properly according to our standards
- Verifying purchase orders, location numbers, case pack quantities, and other information prior to receiving, picking or loading merchandise
- Completing required documentation neatly and accurately
- Performing spot-checks of system to ensure merchandise is sorted properly
- Operating manual and mechanical equipment in a safe manner
DICK'S Sporting Goods operates 4 state-of-the art Distribution Centers located in Atlanta, GA. Associates at our Distribution Centers are responsible for the final transportation of merchandise to the sales floor. Our critical team members literally "deliver" the DICK'S experience to our customers.
Material Handler Duties:
Material Handlers at the DICK’S Sporting Goods Distribution Center are responsible for achieving company objectives by overseeing specific operations within the Atlanta Distribution Center.
Essential functions of this position include:
- Prior experience working lane 8, 9 and accumulation is preferred
- Must also be able to learn how to process in the Breakpack/Processing department
- Ability to stand, bend, reach above head, climb stairs, stoop, push, and lift cartons weighing up to 50 pounds repetitively
- Basic manual dexterity
- Ability to reach and recognize applicable numbers, follow verbal directions, and communicate verbally
- Ability to keep pace with production standards
- Operate power equipment confidently and safely (including forklifts that will raise you off of the ground)
- Candidates must be at least 18 years of age
DICK’S Sporting Goods is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on erokko-club.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.