Delivery/Warehouse Supervisor Farmers Home Furniture Andalusia
Short Description :License, can meet the DOT driving requirements for vehicles with GVWR greater than 10,000 lbs Job requires being DOT certified and requires driving a covered delivery truck Good ,…
Full Description :
We are looking for dependable, self-motivated people who enjoy working in a retail delivery/warehouse position. If you have a valid driver's license, can meet the DOT driving requirements for vehicles with GVWR greater than 10,000 lbs. but less than 26,000 lbs. , please consider joining our team.
General Statement of Job: Under limited supervision, supervises, performs, and coordinates activities of workers engaged in receiving, transporting, stacking, order filling, shipping, and maintaining merchandise stock either in store or an off-site warehouse. Reports to the Store Manager.
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Basic reading, numerical reasoning and comprehension skills
- Great listening ability
- Good telephone etiquette
- Ability to complete paperwork in an accurate, neat and efficient manner
- Good organization skills
- Ability to work variable hour schedule
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Able to push, pull, lift and/or carry material up to 100 lbs.
- Job requires being DOT certified and requires driving a covered delivery truck
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Supervises labeling, casing, and packing of materials and merchandise purchased by customers.
- Verifies incoming and outgoing shipments; handles the disposition of materials; ensures warehouse inventory is kept current.
- Inspects the physical condition of warehouse and equipment therein and prepares work orders for repairs and requisitions for replacement of equipment.
- Assists with screening and hiring warehouse and delivery personnel and issues work assignments; trains and supervises warehouse and delivery personnel.
- Monitors proper maintenance of and regularly inspects delivery vehicles for adherence to safety practices.
- Maintains cleanliness of store/warehouse interior and grounds.
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- 401K Plan with Employer Matching Funds
- Group Medical, Dental and Life Insurance
- Annual Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Leave
- Additional Voluntary Insurance Programs Available
- Paid Holidays, including the Employee's Birthday
- Employee Purchase Discounts
- Ongoing Training Programs
- ** Benefit offerings for positions other than Full-Time may vary
- Delivery/Warehouse Experience
- High School or better
- Drivers License
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on erokko-club.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.