Patient Account Lead Representative - Remote Conifer Health Solutions Frisco
Short Description :Collections, including making telephone calls, accessing payer websites Attend various conference calls, webinars or advanced training to provide assistance to the team members Respond timely to emails and telephone messages from the staff, management and the client Initiate telephone ,…
Full Description :
- Responsible for all aspects of insurance follow up and collections, including making telephone calls, accessing payer websites. May maintain a large dollar inventory desk as well as serve as just-in-time staffing, working inventory for team members that may be absent or backlogged. Effectively resolve complex or aged inventory, including payment research, payment recoups with minimal or no assistance necessary. Accurately and thoroughly document the pertinent collection activity performed. Review the account information and necessary system applications to determine the next appropriate work activity. Verify claims adjudication utilizing appropriate resources and applications. Initiate telephone or letter contact to patients to obtain additional information as needed. Perform appropriate billing functions, including manual re-bills as well as electronic submission to payers. Edit claims to meet and satisfy billing compliance guidelines for electronic submission. Manage and maintain desk inventory, complete reports, and resolve high priority and aged inventory. Proactively identify issues or trending and provide suggestions for resolution.
- Provide assistance, coaching and training to staff members, including new hires. Provide enhanced training and assist staff with techniques to increase production, quality and collections. Participate in the new hire peer interviewing process. Assist in special projects assigned by management.
- Participate and attend meetings, training seminars and in-services to develop job knowledge. Attend various conference calls, webinars or advanced training to provide assistance to the team members. Respond timely to emails and telephone messages from the staff, management and the client. Effectively communicate issues to management, including payer, system or escalated account issues as well as develop solutions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Very good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Advanced technical skills including PC and MS Outlook
- Advanced knowledge of UB-04 and Explanation of Benefits (EOB) interpretation
- Advanced knowledge of CPT and ICD-9 codes
- Advanced knowledge of insurance billing, collections and insurance terminology
- High school diploma or equivalent education
- 3-6 years of experience in Medical/Hospital Insurance related collections
- Office/Team Work Environment
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on erokko-club.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.