Bus Driver The Children’s Center Franklin
Short Description :The State of VA or a good driving record in another State Candidate must also hold a current Commerical Drivers License CDL with endorsement for Passenger Bus and School Bus Must obtain eMAT Certification within first 30 days of employment or sooner if class offered ,…
Full Description :
*** This position is servicing our Centers located in Franklin and Courtland, VA. ***
The Children's Center, a non-profit agency, is dedicated to making a positive difference in the lives of young children, one family at a time. Our mission is to nurture and educate children and their families. We provide opportunities for education, parenting support and resources to families in our communities.
The Children's Center Head Start/Early Head Start is a federally funded program that provides no cost services to qualifying families who reside in the community. Comprehensive services are provided to pregnant women and their partners and children from birth to 5. Child development, health and family services are provided through a variety of program options designed to meet the needs of low-income and at risk families.This position is responsible for the general transportation needs and safety of all children. Assures safe and punctual transport of all children and adults participating in The Children's Center program; Complies with all rules as stated in the Regulation and The Children's Center's policy; Assures that children are fastened securely and properly in car seats or seat belts according to criteria developed by the Department of Motor Vehicles; Assures that all adults are wearing seat belts while vehicle is in motion; Adheres to all traffic laws; Reports any broken/damaged car seats to supervisor; Assures timely pick-up and discharge of all clients; Maintains van/bus in working condition, and records on appropriate documents; Fills gas tank as needed; Checks and maintains proper fluid levels (i.e.oil, transmission fluid, brake fluid); Observes ties for signs of excess wear; Reports any mechanical problems to supervisor; Cleans inside and outside of vehicle, as needed; Maintains accurate record of vehicle use; Any other duties, as assigned.
- This position requires a High School diploma or GED.
- Candidate must also hold a current Commerical Drivers License (CDL) with endorsement for Passenger Bus and School Bus.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must maintain 0 or positive points on driving record in the State of VA (or a good driving record in another State).
- Must demonstrate knowledge of proper bus procedures and mechanical operation of vehicles;
- Must obtain Adult and Infant CPR/First Aid Certification within first 10 days of employment
- Must obtain eMAT Certification within first 30 days of employment (or sooner if class offered)
- Must obtain Food Handlers Certification within first 10 days of employment
- Must pass other required training, such as HIPPA Training, within first 10 days of employment
- Demonstrate good communication skills;
- Attends required pre-service and in-service trainings;
- Must be able to lift children in and out of the vehicle as well as transfer car seats from one vehicle to another up to 65 lbs.
- Candidate must be able to physically move up and down stairs on the bus and to sit for extended periods of time traveling up to 6 hours per day.
- Must meet all physical, mental, moral and other requirements as set forth by Federal and State Regulations
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on erokko-club.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.