Custodian I The University of Iowa Iowa Cityposted by admin on January 01, 1970
Short Description :Amp construction, maintain amp clean the buildings amp grounds, and provide utilities management The university is located along the picturesque Iowa River in Iowa City, a city of some 77,000 people 170,000+ in the metro area regularly ranked ,…
Full Description :
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Empty wastebaskets and remove trash from building.
2. Remove and replace bulbs as needed and clean blackboards/whiteboards.
3. Dust furniture and surfaces as well as pick up trash and sweep exterior entrances.
4. Polish stainless steel surfaces and clean entrance glass. Mop and vacuum floors; may buff and auto scrub floors.
5. Stock supplies for cart and custodial area.
6. Clean and disinfect restrooms; refill restroom supplies.
Duties may also include project work such as carpet cleaning, waxing of floors and other annual cleaning activities.
About Facilities Management:
Facilities Management (FM) is a service unit of approximately 700 employees who work behind the scenes, 24 hours a day, serving the University of Iowa as stewards of our beautiful Iowa City campus. FM staff coordinate campus master planning, manage design & construction, maintain & clean the buildings & grounds, and provide utilities management.
The university is located along the picturesque Iowa River in Iowa City, a city of some 77,000 people (170,000+ in the metro area) regularly ranked as one of the nation’s best places to live. Iowa City is less than four hours from Chicago and within five hours of Minneapolis, St. Louis, and Kansas City, readily accessible via interstate highways and a regional airport 30 minutes away.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
- Ability to read, write and follow directions.
- Previous custodial experience.
- Experience with “green cleaning” products, equipment, and cleaning techniques.
- Project work knowledge and use of custodial equipment.
- Experience with public contact.
- Customer service experience.
- Ability to work around open pools of water.
Merit job openings are posted for a minimum of 10 calendar days and may be removed from posting and filled any time after the original posting period has ended. Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check. Up to 5 professional references will be requested at a later step in the recruitment process.
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on erokko-club.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.