Structural Steel Inspector SGS Kansas City
Short Description :Drivers license Read and understand structural and architectural specifications, and design drawings related to telecommunications, commercial, and residential design Schedules are typically four to five days in the field, depending on your needs, and you will be home on the weekends You ,…
Full Description :
As a Structural Steel Inspector, you will be working as a lead in a team environment performing structural steel and/or weld inspections for the purpose of installing, repairing, construction, and maintaining various communication towers. You will be on the front line playing a key role in the development and future growth of Towers. Schedules are typically four to five days in the field, depending on your needs, and you will be home on the weekends. You will be responsible for managing all on-site tasks and for producing timely and detailed field reports once the inspections are complete.
- Safely lead a team to conduct on-site visual and hands-on inspections of all tower modifications during and after construction.
- Review construction inspections and additional pertinent reports provided by the General Contractor (GC) for conformance to the Contract Documents and applicable client standards.
- Lead a team to perform climbed tower inspections of modifications made to existing towers and structures.
- Lead a team to inspect newly built towers from foundation pour until project completion.
- Strict attention to detail, organization, and complete all given tasks with the highest level of quality workmanship.
- Ability to manage travel arrangements including airfare, lodging, and transportation (All company paid)
- Read and understand structural and architectural specifications, and design drawings related to telecommunications, commercial, and residential design.
- Comply with all safety policies and industry regulations, including, but not limited to OSHA, NATE, and internal safety policies.
- Maintain professional demeanor, safe habits, and best practices regarding safety requirements on site.
- Ensure frequent and effective communication with Area Manager.
- Ability to relay nonconformances observed in Microsoft Excel or Word.
- Must be at least 21 years old with a valid driver’s license
- Have documented construction inspection experience
- Must be located near a major airport for this position due to travel requirements
- Proficiency with basic operations in Microsoft Office
- Experience working at heights
- General understanding of one or more of the following codes: AISC, RCSC, AWS, ASME, ICC
- Able to work both independently and in a team environment
is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer EEO/AA/M/F/V/D
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on erokko-club.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.