Systems Accountant US Department of Agriculture New Orleansposted by admin on February 24, 2021
Short Description :Certification of expected discharge or release from active duty service under honorable conditions not later than 120 days after the date the certification is submitted Completion of the requirements for a degree that included substantial course work in accounting or auditing, eg, ,…
Full Description :
- Duties listed are at the full performance level GS-12.
- Performs reconciliation to determine the order of execution of the feeder systems, the accuracy of accounting transactions, and the reliability of reports.
- Traces specific accounting entries and/or transactions through the automated accounting and/or financial systems to ensure quality control and system integrity is maintained
- Advises management as to the impact these changes may have on existing systems and identifies potential problem areas.
- Monitors the implementation by analyzing a variety of internal and external reports and data produced by the system ensuring that the desired objectives are accomplished.
- Interprets new legislation and/or guidance by the Office of Management and Budget, Treasury, OPM etc. to determine the impact on existing systems
- Job family (Series)
0510 AccountingSimilar jobs
- Accountants And Auditors
- Auditors, Field
- Auditors, Internal
- Field Auditors
RequirementsRequirements Conditions of Employment
- You must be a US Citizen or US National.
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be Selective Service registered or exempt.
- Subject to satisfactory adjudication of background investigation and/or fingerprint check.
- Successful completion of one year probationary period, unless previously served.
- Direct Deposit ? Per Public Law 104-134 all Federal employees are required to have federal payments made by direct deposit to their financial institution.
- Successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit https://www.e-verify.gov/.
Time in grade:
Applicants must have one year of specialized experience at the next lower grade to be considered for the next higher grade (e.g. one year at the GS-09 grade level for consideration for the GS-11 grade level and one year at the GS-11 grade level for consideration for the GS-12 grade level.)
Basic Requirements: This position has a positive education requirement. Applicants MUST meet one of the educational requirements below for the 0510 occupational series. Transcripts are required at the time of application.
Degree: accounting; or a degree in a related field such as business administration, finance, or public administration that included or was supplemented by 24 semester hours in accounting. The 24 hours may include up to 6 hours of credit in business law. (The term "accounting" means "accounting and/or auditing" in this standard. Similarly, "accountant" should be interpreted, generally, as "accountant and/or auditor.")
Combination of education and experience: at least 4 years of experience in accounting, or an equivalent combination of accounting experience, college-level education, and training that provided professional accounting knowledge.
The applicants background must also include one of the following: 1. Twenty-four semester hours in accounting or auditing courses of appropriate type and quality. This can include up to 6 hours of business law;
2. A certificate as Certified Public Accountant or a Certified Internal Auditor, obtained through written examination; or
3. Completion of the requirements for a degree that included substantial course work in accounting or auditing, e.g., 15 semester hours, but that does not fully satisfy the 24-semester-hour requirement of paragraph A, provided that (a) the applicant has successfully worked at the full-performance level in accounting, auditing, or a related field, e.g., valuation engineering or financial institution examining; (b) a panel of at least two higher level professional accountants or auditors has determined that the applicant has demonstrated a good knowledge of accounting and of related and underlying fields that equals in breadth, depth, currency, and level of advancement that which is normally associated with successful completion of the 4-year course of study described in paragraph A; and (c) except for literal non-conformance to the requirement of 24 semester hours in accounting, the applicants education, training, and experience fully meet the specified requirements.
In addition to the basic requirements above, applicants must meet the specialized experience below.
Specialized Experience: GS-11 : One year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-09 level in the Federal service or equivalent responsibility in the private sector/pay systems that has equipped me with the particular competencies to successfully perform as a Systems Accountant. Examples of such experience include: utilizes accounting principles, theories, and techniques in order to analyze facts and devise solutions to problems to accounting and financial systems; Utilizes qualitative and quantitative analytical techniques to analyze and evaluate issues in accounting situations; and Performs reconciliation to determine the order of execution of the feeder systems, the accuracy of accounting transactions, and the reliability of reports and follows established policies and procedures in reviewing and processing a variety of financial transactions in an automated financial/accounting.
Specialized Experience: GS-12 : One year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-11 level in the Federal service or equivalent responsibility in the private sector/pay systems that has equipped me with the particular competencies to successfully perform as a Systems Accountant. Examples of such experience include: interprets accounting principles, theories, and techniques in order to analyze facts and devise solutions to problems to accounting and financial systems; Provides advice on the interpretation of new legislation affecting the accounting systems to ensure the accuracy of record and compliance with accounting principles; and Performs reconciliation to determine the order of execution of the feeder systems, the accuracy of accounting transactions, and the reliability of reports.
NOTE: This experience must be demonstrated on your resume/supporting documents.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Education
Qualifying Based on Education for GS-11 grade level only.Additional information
Education can not be substituted for experience for GS-12 grade level.
GS-11: A Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree.
Combination of Education and Experience may be substituted for experience in the following:
GS-11: You may combine education and experience to meet the specialized experience requirement. It must total at least 100 percent. To compute the percentage, divide your total months of qualifying experience by 12. Then divide your semester hours of graduate education above one year by 18. Add the two percentages. The total percentage must equal at least 100 percent to qualify. (Only education above the first 36 hours of graduate education is creditable towards meeting the requirement at the GS-09grade level.) Transcripts are required at the time of application.
- Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP), Reemployment Priority List (RPL), or Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP): Visit the OPM website for information on how to apply as a CTAP, RPL, or ICTAP eligible. To exercise selection priority for this vacancy, CTAP/RPL/ICTAP candidates must meet the basic eligibility requirements and all selective factors. CTAP/ICTAP candidates must be rated and determined to be well qualified (or above) based on an evaluation of the competencies listed in the How You Will Be Evaluated section. When assessed through a score-based category rating method, CTAP/ICTAP applicants must receive a rating of at least 85 out of a possible 100.
- Veterans who are preference eligible or who have been separated from the armed forces under honorable conditions after three years or more of continuous active service are eligible for consideration under the Veteran's Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA).
- Farm Service Agency (FSA) County Employees: Permanent County employees without prior Federal tenure who are selected for a Civil Service position under Public Law 105-277 will be given a career-conditional appointment and must serve a 1-year probationary period.
- Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act (LMWFA) provides current or former temporary or term employees of federal land management agencies opportunity to compete for permanent competitive service positions. Individuals must have more than 24 months of service without a break between appointments of two or more years. Service must be in the competitive service and have been at a successful level of performance or better. Refer to PUBLIC LAW 114-47-AUG. 7, 2015 for more information.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated based on your qualifications for this position as evidenced by the experience, education, and training you described in your application package, as well as the responses to the Assessment Questionnaire to determine the degree to which you possess the knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies listed below:
- Accounting principles, theories, concepts and practices
- Analytical Ability
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
Note: If after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities, or you may be found ineligible. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating. Providing inaccurate information on Federal documents could be grounds for non-selection or disciplinary action up to including removal from the Federal service.
Background checks and security clearance Security clearance
Not RequiredDrug test required
NoPosition sensitivity and risk
Non-sensitive (NS)/Low RiskTrust determination process
Required DocumentsRequired Documents
The following documents are required for your applicant package to be complete. Our office cannot be responsible for incompatible software, your system failure, etc. Encrypted documents will not be accepted. Failure to submit required, legible documents may result in loss of consideration.
- Resume that includes:1)personal information such as name, address, contact information;2)education;3)detailed work experience related to this position as described in the major duties including work schedule, hours worked per week, dates of employment; title, series, grade (if applicable);4)other qualifications.
- If education is required or being used to qualify, you must submit a copy of your college transcripts. An unofficial copy is sufficient with the application if it includes your name and the necessary course information; however, if you are selected, official transcripts will be required prior to entering on duty. Education must have been successfully obtained from an accredited school, college or university. If any education was completed at a foreign institute, you must submit with your application evidence that the institute was appropriately accredited by an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education as equivalent to U.S. education standards. There are private organizations that specialize in this evaluation and a fee is normally associated with this service. For a list of private organizations that evaluate education, visit the NACES website. All transcripts must be in English or include an English translation.
- Current Federal employees:
- Most recent non-award Notification of Personnel Action (SF-50) showing you are/were in the competitive service, highest grade held (or promotion potential) on a permanent basis, position title, series and grade AND
- Most recent performance appraisal (dated within 18 months) showing the official rating of record, signed by a supervisor, or statement why the performance appraisal is unavailable. A performance plan is not an acceptable substitute.
- Current permanent FSA County employees must submit your most recent non-award Notification of Personnel Action (SF-50) showing your highest grade (or promotion potential) held on a permanent basis, position title, series and grade AND most recent performance appraisal (dated within 18 months) per above.
- Veteran Hiring Authorities: VEOA: DD214, Certificate of Release from Active Duty, that shows dates of service and discharge under honorable conditions. If currently on active duty you must submit a certification of expected discharge or release from active duty service under honorable conditions not later than 120 days after the date the certification is submitted. Veteran's preference must be verified prior to appointment.
- If claiming 10-point veteran's preference you must provide the DD214 or certification requirements (see above bullet), plus the proof of entitlement of this preference as listed on the SF-15 Application for 10-point Veterans' Preference. The SF-15 should be included but is not required. Failure to submit these documents could result in the determination that there is insufficient documentation to support your claim for 10-point preference.
- Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act: Copies of Notification of Personnel Action(s) (SF-50) showing the employee served in eligible appointment(s) for a period(s) of more than 24 mos w/o a break between appointments of two+ years. Include initial hire actions, extensions, conversions and separation SF-50s for each period. Submit performance rating(s) showing acceptable performance for each period counted towards eligibility signed by supervisor(s). If documentation does not exist for one or more periods, submit a statement from supervisor(s) indicating acceptable performance. Applicants who do not have performance documentation for any period shall provide a reason why the documentation is not available and statement that performance for all periods was at an acceptable level.
- Surplus or displaced employees eligible for CTAP, RPL, or ICTAP priority must provide: proof of eligibility (RIF separation notice, notice of proposed removal for declining a transfer of function or directed reassignment to another commuting area, notice of disability annuity termination), SF-50 documenting separation (as applicable), and your most recent SF-50 noting position, grade level, and duty location with your application per 5 CFR 330.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
This position is located in Financial Management Services Center, Reporting, Reconciliation & Analysis Division, Financial Reporting Branch, FRB Section 1 in New Orleans, LA.
The incumbent of this position is responsible for analyzing accounts, reports, data, procedural instructions, or legislative requirements to assure the accuracy of transactions and the reliability of payroll and payroll-related reports
Not requiredSupervisory status
Help This job is open to
- Career transition (CTAP, ICTAP, RPL)
Federal employees who meet the definition of a "surplus" or "displaced" employee.
- Federal employeesCompetitive service
Current or former competitive service federal employees.
- Land & base management
Certain current or former term or temporary federal employees of a land or base management agency.
Current permanent federal employees with competitive status, Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act, Farm Service Agency permanent county employees, CTAP/RPL/ICTAP and VEOA eligibles. Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement
As one of the leading companies in United States, US Department of Agriculture opens variety of opportunities for employees to grow and make them as future leaders of the professional and disciplined. US Department of Agriculture also gives a dynamic work environment in order to encourage employees to give optimally, and at the same time, you are able to escalate new experience and knowing through the company programs.
If You are interested to send an application for Systems Accountant Jobs New Orleans March 2021 by US Department of Agriculture, please prepare requirements files and documents as soon as possible. To apply by online, please click the "Apply" button below. If you still do not satisfy with a job recruitment above, you can try to read more jobs list in New Orleans region from another company below.
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on erokko-club.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.