Inventory Clerk Cleveland Clinic Stuart
Short Description :Medical supplies and equipment necessary for patient care Knowledge of Lean tools preferred Utilizes the demand flow tools to ensure the right product is in place at the right amount at the right time for the health system Ensures room is secure at all times and ,…
Full Description :
I. Basic Purpose:
Inventory Clerks are responsible for the replenishing of supplies and patient care equipment. Utilizes the demand flow tools to ensure the right product is in place at the right amount at the right time for the health system. Facilitates distribution of all emergency orders needed for patient care.
II. Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Complies with established corporate and departmental policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance methods, and safety codes. Demonstrates compliance with licensing, regulatory and accrediting agency provisions as required.
2. Consistently demonstrates appropriate and professional communication and behavior toward patients, customers, and coworkers. Cooperates with Management and peers to promote an environment of teamwork and collaboration.
3. Accepts deliveries from distributor, transportation, or third party shipping and separates by department/node. Ensures packing slips or paperwork is routed to the designated area for scanning.
4. Inventories, records, and cleans code carts for all Nursing units. Cleans and replenishes pumps as needed. Assures timely and efficient distribution of patient care equipment for the hospital.
5. Performs Demand Flow duties including filling bins, preparing delivery cart, delivering bins and servicing nodes, and scanning empty bins. See Demand Flow Training Guides 3000 Servicing Demand Flow Nodes, 3001 DF Stage Operations, 3002 Demand Flow Art of Bin Fill and 3004 DF Bin & Stage Maintenance for more details.
6. Provides excellent customer service; answering phones, pulling and delivering of STAT orders for critical medical supplies and equipment necessary for patient care. Effectively communicates any service recovery issues to Supervisor.
7. Completes delivery of non-stock supplies and equipment to requesting departments in a timely manner. Is accountable for returning the signed delivery document to the warehouse for scanning.
8. Reviews the Daily Pickup Log and completes pickups as assigned and sends to the warehouse. Updates the log once complete.
9. Collects signed QCNs and writes down par improvements with product, bin, spacing details for Coordinator or Supervisor to review.
10. Keeps the storeroom, staging, and dock areas clean and orderly at all times.
11. Reviews emails once per shift at minimum and responds when necessary.
12. Participates in department huddles and identifies improvement opportunities. Works with team assigned to complete improvement opportunities.
13. Duties may require access to secured medication rooms. While working in medication rooms, does not handle or remove medications. Ensures room is secure at all times and takes precautions to ensure that patients, family members, and general public do not enter medication room for any reason.
14. Maintains annual mandatory education requirements specific to position as mandated by Martin Health System.
15. Performs all other duties as assigned or requested.
III. Minimum Requirements (experience, training, and education):
To effectively fulfill this position, candidate must meet the following requirements:
> High school diploma or equivalent.
> One year experience in a healthcare warehouse or supply distribution operation preferred.
Must have strong interpersonal skills and be capable of interacting with all levels of internal customers. Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel). Candidate should be detail oriented and have a positive attitude. Knowledge of Lean tools preferred.
The policy of and its system hospitals () is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by ’s Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any facility.
is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on erokko-club.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.