Student CASE Homework Helpers Intern Florida International University Miamiposted by admin on September 25, 2020
Short Description :And/or cash equivalent Conduct individual, remote support sessions to K12 students in various content areas through the Fall semester, including early childhood content, elementary content, math, language arts, social studies, writing, and science Driving on behalf of ,…
Full Description :
The College of Arts, Sciences, and Education is currently seeking a Student CASE Homework Helpers Intern to join their team of professionals. Duties to include:
- Conduct individual, remote support sessions to K-12 students in various content areas through the Fall semester, including early childhood content, elementary content, math, language arts, social studies, writing, and science.
- Participate in homework helper training sessions/meetings
- Assist with presentations and workshops at the instructions of the Program Manager
- At least 3 semesters of FIU work experience or related experience outside the University with satisfactory or higher from prior student appointment.
- Requires a letter of recommendation from one prior supervisor.
- Advanced levels and proficiency in the subject-areas to be tutored
- Strong verbal and written communication skills along with the ability to communicate effectively with children
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evening assignments
- Ability to relate with students from varying education, cultural, and social backgrounds
Student AssistantStudent Disclosure
Applicants must be currently enrolled as a student at FIU with a minimum of six (6) credits as an Undergraduate student or three (3) credits as a Graduate student during the Fall and Spring semesters.
During the Summer semesters, Students need only remain enrolled and are not required to take credit hours, but cannot have graduated.
Upon graduating, student employment must end.Work Schedule
Flexible schedule that may include evening assignments.
4 hours per week.Advertised Salary
Criminal Background Check
This student appointment may be subjected to a pre-employment background check.
Background check and fingerprinting is required if the job includes any of the following:
Yes or NoWorking directly with and/or residing with minors and/or vulnerable persons. Yes
Handling/managing cash, checks, cash transactions, gift cards, debit/credit cards, and/or cash equivalent. No
Information technology (IT) related functions. No
Driving on behalf of the university (MVR Check only). No
Those working in the Athletics Department who travel with students to events. No
Working within museums. No
Those working in the Office of Financial Aid, One Stop, or Office of the Registrar (Title IV access). No
Special trust, responsibility, and sensitive location No
How To Apply
If you have not created a registered account, you will be asked to create a username and password for use of the system. It is recommended that you provide an active/valid e-mail account as that will be the main source of communication regarding your status within the process. In this account, you are able to track your applicant status in "My Applications".
In order to be considered eligible for the position as an internal candidate, departmental staff must meet minimum requirements of the position, be in good performance standing, and have been continuously employed at the University for at least six months.
Before you begin the process, we recommend that you are prepared to attach electronic copies of your resume, cover letter or any other documents within the application process. It is recommended that you combine your cover letter and resume/curriculum vitae into one attachment. Attached documents should be in Microsoft Word or PDF format. All applicants are required to complete the online application including work history and educational details (if applicable), even when attaching a resume.
- This posting will close at 12:00 am of the close date.
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on erokko-club.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.