Phlebotomist Fairfield Medical Center Lancaster
Short Description :Responsibility for own words and actions Performs order entry and specimen processing to ensure sample integrity and proper patient identification Ability ,…
Full Description :
Performs all duties and responsibilities in accordance to the established FMC policies, procedures and guidelines.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent. Completion of a certified phlebotomy program required. National phlebotomy certification preferred.
Experience: Previous experience in phlebotomy preferred.
Job-related Skills: Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills; ability to problem-solve and facilitate resolution to issues; demonstrates ability to handle multiple priorities; ability to make independent decisions.
Organizational Expectations and Responsibilities:
- Mission and Service Values
- Empathy – Demonstrates a willingness to understand others’ perspectives, without labeling or judging; treats others with compassion and is personally engaged in providing patient and family-centered care.
- Integrity—Takes responsibility for own words and actions; has passion and courage to do the right thing; delivers on promises and commitments; is honest and achieves excellence in all things through ethical and legal behavior.
- Stewardship—Uses FMC resources wisely; respects the time and resources of patients, family and peers; shows pride in FMC and gives back to the Center and community with time, talent and /or money.
- Agility—Demonstrates courage to take initiative to find creative solutions; anticipates concerns and responds promptly; minimizes bureaucracy and explores opportunity for growth.
- Teamwork—Works collaboratively, not in silos; treats others with courtesy and respect; assumes good intent and welcomes differing viewpoints; creates a spirit of belonging and fellowship within FMC; embraces the FMC culture.
- Commitment and Engagement
- Quality—Demonstrates commitment to improve individual performance and contributes to team accomplishments and quality improvement initiatives.
- Safety—Creates and maintains a safe and clean work environment and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate individuals.
- Service—Recognizes and anticipates the needs of customers and strives to surpass customer expectations; utilizes AIDET, TeamSTEPPS and other tools to avoid and/or resolve concerns with the best possible outcome.
- Sustainability—Demonstrates timely, accurate and cost-conscious use of resources in the daily work.
- Personal Engagement
- Organization Commitment—Complies with FMC policies, procedures, work instructions and guidelines; reports compliance or ethical concerns to appropriate personnel; does not gossip but works to create a positive work experience with others.
- Personal Commitment—Demonstrates ownership of the job; willing to step up and help others; works across departmental lines; is fully present at work—physically and emotionally; maximizes own talents and that of others.
- Personal Growth—Demonstrates a commitment to ongoing learning; completes all mandatory education and participates in learning events/opportunities/experiences to enhance on-the-job performance.
Essential Job Functions
Job Expectations and Responsibilities:
- Performs venous and capillary collections as ordered on patients regardless of the patient age utilizing proper identification techniques according to FMC policy.
- Provides staff support for outpatient collection locations as needed.
- Performs order entry and specimen processing to ensure sample integrity and proper patient identification.
- Performs EKGs, culture collections, BATs and Chain-of-Custody Drug Collections as needed.
- Performs specimen collection for Nursing home and Health Screenings for FMC sponsored community events as needed.
- Maintains proper competency and education as required for the position.
- Performs customer service, clerical tasks and other duties as assigned.
Physical Capacity Demand
Medium Work: Exerting up to 20-50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10-25 pounds of force
frequently, and/or a negligible up to 10 pounds amount of force often.
Psychological/Mental – analytical abilities, memory, problem-solving and creativity
Physiological- Potential Exposures: Electrical equipment
Cognitive-Communication and collaboration with other co-workers, physicians, other employees, and patients and families; prioritizing and time management; persuasiveness and judgment
Environmental-no special considerations
Protective Equipment- no special considerations
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on erokko-club.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.