Supervisory Investigative Analyst *MSP* US Department of the Treasury Mesa
Short Description :And principles, including the latest procedures and techniques sufficient to oversee the planning, development and implementation of the technical aspects of programs specific to the position being filled Knowledge of management techniques, methods, theories, principles, and ,…
Full Description :
- Plan work to be accomplished by subordinates, sets and adjusts short-term priorities, and prepares schedules for completion of work.
- Assign work to subordinates based on priorities, selective consideration of the difficulty and requirements of assignments, and the capabilities of employees.
- Evaluate work performance of subordinates and makes recommendations for outstanding performance recognition and/or disciplinary action.
- Give advice, counsel, or instruction to employees on work and administrative matters.
- Interview candidates for positions within the organization/unit, and recommend appointment, promotion, or reassignment to such positions.
- Hear and resolve complaints from employees, refer group grievances and/or more serious unresolved complaints as appropriate.
- Effect minor disciplinary measures, such as warnings and reprimands, recommend other actions in more serious cases.
- Identify developmental and training needs of employees, providing or arranging for needed development and training.
- Initiate ways to improve production, work processes, and/or to increase the quality of the work directed.
- Job family (Series)
1805 Investigative Analysis
RequirementsRequirements Conditions of Employment
- Refer to Other Information.
- Click "Print Preview" to review the entire announcement before applying.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National
- IRS Employees with Career or Career Conditional Appointments
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS (FRONT LINE MANAGER):
You must have 1 year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the next lower level within the payband or GS grade in the normal line of progression in the Federal service. To be qualifying for this position your experience should be sufficient to demonstrate:
- Knowledge of management techniques, methods, theories, principles, and labor relations concepts, to assure optimum utilization of personnel, equipment, and space for the accomplishment of all program objectives with combined technical and administrative oversight;
- Knowledge and understanding of regulations, other official guidance and principles, including the latest procedures and techniques sufficient to oversee the planning, development and implementation of the technical aspects of programs specific to the position being filled;
- Extensive knowledge of cost estimating procedures and cost analysis, project management, and legal and regulatory interpretations specific to the position being filled;
- Knowledge of communicative techniques to effectively and diplomatically interact with internal and external customers.
- The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector or Volunteer Service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis.
- To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
10 positions are located in Criminal Investigation (CI). Selections could be made at any one of the following: Fresno, CA; Laguna Niguel, CA; Los Angeles, CA; Oakland, CA; Sacramento, CA; San Diego, CA; San Francisco, CA; San Jose, CA; Las Vegas, NV; Salt Lake City, UT; Phoenix, AZ; Mesa, AZ; Washington, DC; Miami, FL; Atlanta, GA; Des Moines, IA; Chicago, IL; Downers Grove, IL; Springfield, IL; Carmel, IN; Indianapolis, IN; Merrillville, IN; Mission, KS; Detroit, MI; St. Paul, MN; Lee's Summit, MO; St. Louis, MO; Omaha, NE; Cincinnati, OH; Cleveland, OH; South Portland, ME; Springfield, MA; Worcester, MA; Portsmouth, NH; Manchester, NH; Stoneham, MA; Boston, MA; Hartford, CT; New Haven, CT; Bridgeport, CT; Muskogee, OK; Tulsa, OK; Dallas, TX; Farmers Branch, TX; Fort Worth, TX; Tyler, TX; Vienna, VA; Madison, WI; Milwaukee, WI or Charleston, WV.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- This is a Non-bargaining unit position.
- Relocation Expense: Yes
- A 1-year probationary period is required
- A 1-year supervisory or managerial probationary period is required.
- Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
- Alternative work schedule, staggered work hours or telework may be available.
- Tour of Duty: MondayFriday 8:00 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.
- Must meet IRS telework eligibility requirements.
- Interviews may be conducted.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation including an FBI criminal history record check (fingerprint check)
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- Undergo an income tax verification and review of prior performance/conduct.
- File a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report within 30 days of appointment and annually from then on.- Undergo an income tax verification and review of prior performance/conduct.
- If you are an IRS/Treasury employee eligible for consideration under the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP), you must submit proof of eligibility by 11:59 PM ET on the closing date of this announcement. If you have any questions concerning your eligibility please refer back to the CTAP Documentation link in the vacancy under How You Will Be Evaluated.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your resume, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your resume includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your resume may result in a “not qualified” determination.
Applicants determined eligible and qualified will be rated and ranked in accordance with the Service’s Management Selection Program (MSP) which covers Frontline, Department and Senior Manager. Qualified candidates will be ranked based on their potential in both leadership and technical competencies.
Rating: Applicants determined tentatively eligible/qualified by the system will be prompted to complete the Technical Competency Narrative Questions.
Your application will be evaluated on the leadership and technical competencies of the position to be filled. Technical Competencies for this position are: 1. Criminal Investigation 2. Quality Management and Assurance 3. Tax Administration 4. Workload Processing
You will be assigned to one of three quality groups. Each group represents a quality level (i.e., Best Qualified, Highly Qualified, Qualified). Candidates will be considered in quality group order.To preview questions please click here.
Your rating may be lowered if your responses to the online questions are not supported.
Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration. You may be required to participate in a selection interview (telephonic and/or in person at the discretion of the Selecting Official in accordance with hiring polices). We will reimburse costs related to the interview such as travel to and from the interview site.
If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP), you must receive a rating of HIGHLY QUALIFIED or better to be rated as "Well Qualified" to receive special selection priority.
Background checks and security clearance Security clearance
Not RequiredDrug test required
Required DocumentsRequired Documents
A complete application includes 1. A resume, 2. Vacancy question responses, and 3. Submission of any required documents. Please note that if you do not provide all required information, as specified in this announcement, you will not be considered for this position (or may not receive the special consideration for which you may be eligible).If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
All applicants are required to submit a resume either by creating one in USAJOBS or uploading one of their own choosing. (Cover letters are optional). To receive full credit for relevant experience, please list the month/year and number of hours worked for experience listed on your resume. We suggest that you preview the online questions, as you may need to customize your resume to ensure that it supports your responses to these questions. Please view Resume Tips
CURRENT AND FORMER FEDERAL EMPLOYEES Documentation Relating to Your Federal Employment
Submit a copy of your SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, which shows your current (or most recent) grade and competitive service status. (The position occupied block on the SF-50 should show a 1 and your tenure block should show a 1 or 2.) Indicate on your application the highest permanent grade you have held; if this grade is different from your current grade, submit a copy of an additional SF-50 showing this grade.
Submit a copy of your most recent, completed annual performance appraisal or equivalent evaluation from a supervisor, which includes a narrative describing your overall performance for a period of time (generally 12 months). If it is not dated within the last 12 months or if you have not received a performance appraisal, please explain why in your application. Submit documentation to support any performance related awards received within the past 3 years (i.e., a copy of award SF-50 or documentation that includes company/institution name, date, monetary amount (if any) and reason for award.
CAREER TRANSITION ASSISTANCE PLAN(CTAP)or INTERAGENCY CAREER TRANSITION ASSISTANCE PLAN (ICTAP) DOCUMENTATION. If you are a displaced or surplus Treasury employee, click CTAP/ICTAP for eligibility and a detailed list of required documents. IRS CTAP eligibles can apply for jobs within and outside the commuting area.
IRS REASSIGNMENT PREFERENCE PROGRAM (RPP) You must meet the requirements in your RPP notice. Submit a copy of your RPP Notice along with a copy of your most recent annual performance appraisal. Your performance appraisal must have a fully successful or higher overall rating.
If you are qualifying for this position by substituting education or training for experience, submit a copy of your transcripts or equivalent. If the position has specific education requirements and you are currently (or have previously been) in the Federal job series to be filled, there is no need to submit a transcript or equivalent at this time; instead you may substitute an SF-50 showing you held the job series. An official transcript will be required if you are selected.
A college or university degree generally must be from an accredited (or pre-accredited) college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For a list of schools which meet these criteria, please refer to Department of Education Accreditation page. If you are qualifying based on foreign education, you must submit proof of creditability of education as evaluated by a credentialing agency. Refer to the OPM instructions.
VETERANS EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES ACT (VEOA) DOCUMENTATION
If you are applying under the Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA), you must submit a copy of your DD-214 (Member 4 copy), or other official documentation from a branch of the Armed Forces or the Department of Veterans Affairs showing dates of service and type of discharge. Ten-point preference eligibles must also submit an Application for 10-point Veteran Preference, SF-15, along with the required documentation listed on the back of the SF-15 form.
SPECIAL HIRING AUTHORITIES DOCUMENTATION
If you are applying under a special hiring authority, submit a copy of your proof of eligibility.
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Our comprehensive benefits are very generous. Our benefits package includes:
- Challenging work, opportunities for advancement, competitive salaries, bonuses and incentive awards.
- Ten paid holidays, 13 days of sick leave, and 13 to 26 days of vacation time each year.
- Access to insurance programs that may be continued after you retire.
- A wide choice of health insurance plans, coverage for pre-existing conditions, and no waiting periods. We pay a substantial amount (up to 75%) of the health insurance premiums.
- A retirement program which includes employer-matching contributions.
- Learn more about Federal benefits programs at: Pay and benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today's global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.
See Other Information for Locations.Responsibilities
Criminal Investigation is the investigative and law enforcement arm of the IRS. When individuals or corporations deliberately don't comply with the tax laws, Criminal Investigation responds with financial investigations and potential criminal prosecutions to promote compliance and confidence in the fairness of the tax system.
As a Front Line Manager you will:
If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at https://www.jobs.irs.gov/
Occasional travelTravel 1-5 nights per month; Occasional travel for training, meetings, and other reasons, is required.Supervisory status
05Highest Achievable Grade: 05
Help This job is open to
- Federal employeesCompetitive service
Current or former competitive service federal employees.
- Internal to an agency
Current federal employees of this agency.
- Career transition (CTAP, ICTAP, RPL)
Federal employees who meet the definition of a "surplus" or "displaced" employee.
- Land & base management
Certain current or former term or temporary federal employees of a land or base management agency.
Status Eligibles (current Career or Career Conditional Federal employees or prior Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility)CTAP/ICTAP eligilbles within the commuting areaVeterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA)Land Management Eligilbles
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on erokko-club.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.