#24 | Airworthiness Engineer - Hurlburt Field, FL Wintec Arrowmaker, Inc Hurlburt Field
Short Description :Related field Knowledge of MILHDBK516, Airworthiness Certification Criteria and MILSTD 882, Standard Practice for System Safety, and Air Force Instruction 62601, Developmental Engineering USAF Airworthiness The contractor shall maintain the AFSOC Airworthiness Safety ,…
Full Description :
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT: Secret
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- The contractor shall maintain the AFSOC Airworthiness Safety Release (ASR) program in support of UAS statements of airworthiness for Air Force UAS Groups 1, 2, & 3 systems.
- Review AFSOC Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) document, checklists for units requesting an ASR, and flow charts that support airworthiness evaluation reviews.
- Draft ASR memorandums for government review, approval, and signature.
- Track ASRs that are approved and signed by the government.
- Assist in facilitating with USAF UAS cyber security exemptions, to include aiding units using the USAF UAS cyber exemption SharePoint site.
- Assist AFSOC/A3OU with informing AFSOC leadership on counter- unmanned aircraft systems (C-UAS) efforts.
- Attending, coordinating, and conducting USAF/SOCOM C-UAS meetings, C-UAS testing/demo events, research and analysis, and providing/developing briefings associated with C-UAS efforts.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Aerospace Engineering or related field.
- Education may be substituted with five (5) years or more of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of MIL-HDBK-516, Airworthiness Certification Criteria and MIL-STD 882, Standard Practice for System Safety, and Air Force Instruction 62-601, Developmental Engineering – USAF Airworthiness.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills are required.
- Experience with authoring airworthiness policy and procedures
- Experience in Small UAS (DoD Groups 1 – 3) risk analysis and mitigations is highly desired.
- Military background.
- Must have working knowledge of the organizational interface of military, federal, state, and local agencies.
- Be familiar with military command and control structures.
- Ability to efficiently react to shifting program requirements.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated initiative, self-motivation, eagerness to learn, and attention-to-detail.
- Ability to working collaboratively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills.
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on erokko-club.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.