Distribution Process Worker US Department of Defense Bangor
Short Description :Drives License Must be able to obtain and maintain MHE license Must possess or be able to obtain and maintain all appropriate state and government licenses Receives, ,…
Full Description :
- Duties include stock selection, stow, location survey, physical inventory, material handling, material examining and identifying, packing, and operating Material Handling Equipment (MHE).
- Receives, unloads and processes incoming shipments. Checks accompanying documentation against container or packing labels.
- Follows established procedures in reporting over, short, misdirected, or damaged materials.
- Packs and/or repacks a variety of items utilizing a wide variety of standard packing materials, methods and techniques. Determines appropriate method of packing based on the type of commodity/item to be packed.
- Assembles items for shipment in the loading area according to information provided on the shipping requests and checks the condition of shipping containers prior to loading.
- Ensures shipments are properly loaded onto the right conveyances.
- Counts types and quantities of items during inventories, and maintains tally listings during the count.
- Recounts or searches other storage locations to assist in determining the basis for over, short, or misplaced items.
- Operates one or more types of material handling equipment such as standard type forklift, warehouse tractor, or general-purpose vehicle
- Job family (Series)
6901 Miscellaneous Warehousing and Stock Handling
RequirementsRequirements Conditions of Employment
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Tour of Duty: Full Time Varied Shifts
- Security Requirements: Non- Critical Sensitive with Secret Access
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability or fitness determination, where reciprocity cannot be applied; unfavorably adjudicated background checks will be grounds for removal.
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA): Exempt/Non-Exempt
- Selective Service Requirement: Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service.
- Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
- Bargaining Unit Status: Yes
- Pre-Employment Physical: Required
- Multiple location/shift: This position and any future selections from this announcement may be filled on any shift at either Bremerton or Bangor locations.
- Licenses: Must be able to maintain State Drives License
- Certifications: Must be able to obtain and maintain MHE license
Per OPM's Job Qualification System for Trades and Labor Occupations, the applicant's experience, education and training must show enough knowledge, skills and abilities to demonstrate the potential to successfully perform the duties of the position. Under this system, how applicants gained their skill and knowledge, or the length of time they have spent in a line of work, are not as important as the fact that they have the required ability or potential to do the job.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Stands on hard surfaces for extended periods of time. Work requires bending, stooping, and working in tiring and uncomfortable positions, many times all at the same time. Lifts and carries items weighing up to 40 pounds which may be bulky, stored on pallets, and some of which is stored in high-level locations (up to 40 feet). Uses weight handling equipment or receives assistance from other workers for items heavier than 40 pounds. Moderate physical effort is used in operating hand and foot controls when operating materials handling equipment.
Works outside and inside in areas that are hot, damp, cold, drafty, and poorly lighted. Subject to cuts, scrapes, bruises, muscle strain, noise, abrasions, falls, and injury from falling stock. May require wearing of protective clothing such as steel toed shoes. Mechanized roller conveyors are often present as a normal part of material routing and distribution. Must possess or be able to obtain and maintain all appropriate state and government licenses. Working conditions are a normal part of the job and are considered in the evaluation of the position. OTHER SIGNIFICANT FACTS: The following are required for retention in the position: Must obtain and maintain appropriate license/certification to operate all materials handling equipment. Education Additional information
How You Will Be Evaluated
MILITARY SPOUSE PREFERENCE: In order to receive this preference you must choose to apply using the "Priority Placement Program, DoD Military Spouse Preference (MSP)" eligibility. If you are claiming military spouse preference and are determined to be among the Best Qualified for the position, you will be referred to the hiring manager as a priority applicant.
For Important General Applicant Information and Definitions go to: http://www.dla.mil/portals/104/documents/careers/GenAppInfoDef.pdf
Reemployed Annuitants: This position does not meet criteria for appointment of Reemployed Annuitants. The DoD criteria for hiring Reemployed Annuitants can be found at: http://www.esd.whs.mil/Portals/54/Documents/DD/issuances/140025/1400.25-V300.pdf
INFORMATION FOR VETERANS is available at: http://www.dla.mil/Careers/Programs/veterans.aspx. As of 23 December 2016, Military retirees seeking to enter federal service in the Department of Defense now require a waiver if they would be appointed within 180 days following their official date of retirement.
DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE: The Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) has established a Drug-Free Federal Workplace Policy. All applicants tentatively selected for DLA employment in a testing designated position are subject to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment. Applicants who refuse to be tested will be denied employment with DLA for a period of six months. This policy extends to random testing for the use of illegal drugs by employees who occupy testing designated positions defined as sensitive in Section 7(d) of Executive Order 12564. The Defense Logistics Agency's Drug Free Workplace Plan's drug testing panel includes testing for the following illegal substances: marijuana, cocaine, opiates (codeine/morphine), 6-Acetylmorphine (heroin), phencyclidine, amphetamines (amphetamine/methamphetamine), methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA), methylenedioxyamphetamine (MDA), oxycodone, oxymorphone, hydrocodone, and hydromorphone. ADVISORY: By using cannabidiol (CBD) products you are risking a positive drug test result for marijuana.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
The assessments for this job will measure the following Job Elements/Competencies:
- Ability to do the work of a Distribution Process Worker without more than normal supervision
- Knowledge of Warehousing Practices
- Knowledge of Packing Practices
- Ability to Interpret Instructions, Specifications, etc. (other than blueprints)
- Skill in Dexterity and Safety
Once the application process is complete, a review of your resume and supporting documentation may be completed and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. The rating you receive is based on your responses to the assessment questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the job elements/competencies required for this position. If your resume and/or supporting documentation is reviewed and a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
Background checks and security clearance Security clearance
SecretDrug test required
Required DocumentsRequired Documents
To apply for this position you must provide a complete Application Package. Each Application Package MUST include:
- Your Resume listing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates of employment and duties performed. If multiple resumes are submitted by an applicant, only the last resume submitted will be reviewed for the qualifications and referred for selection consideration if eligible. IMPORTANT NOTE: Ensure that your resume does not contain any specialized characters, fonts, typefaces or formatting (e.g. tables, macros, etc.). It is also recommended that you convert/save your resume as a PDF prior to attaching to your application.
- Applicable documents to support the eligibility(s) for which you are applying. Please review the following link for a listing of the additional documents you will need to provide: Supporting Documents.
If you are claiming Military Spouse Preference, you must submit the following supporting documents with your application package: Marriage Certificate or License; Signed Self-Certification Checklist (must be certified within 30 days); Veterans' Preference documentation (e.g., DD-214, VA Letter, Statement of Service, if applicable); Transcripts (if applicable). These documents must provide acceptable information to verify: Residency within the commuting area of your sponsor's permanent duty station (PDS); proof of marriage to the active duty sponsor; proof of military member's active duty status; and other documentation required by the vacancy announcement to which you are applying. NOTE: Previous federal employees must also submit the following additional documentation: SF-50s (e.g., LWOP, highest grade held, overseas appointments, etc.), SF-75 information, and documentation of performance rating of record (dated within the last 12 months).
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
See below for important information regarding this job.
Occasional travelYou may be expected to travel for this position.Supervisory status
Help This job is open to
- Career transition (CTAP, ICTAP, RPL)
Federal employees who meet the definition of a "surplus" or "displaced" employee.
- Federal employeesCompetitive service
Current or former competitive service federal employees.
- Individuals with disabilities
- Military spouses
- Special authorities
Individuals eligible under a special authority not listed above, but defined in the federal hiring regulations.
Federal employee means current and former permanent competitive service employees, and Special authorities (Interchange Agreement agency employees), Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA), and Eligible Veterans (VRA). Military Spouse Preference (MSP) eligibles may also apply.
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on erokko-club.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.