Social Casework Specialist - Healthy Families (Unclassified) City of Richmond, VA Richmond
Short Description :And a valid Commonwealth of Virginia Drivers License within 30 days of hire The City of Richmond Department of Social Services is seeking two 2 highly qualified candidates for the unclassified position of Social Casework Specialist with the ,…
Full Description :
Duties include but are not limited to
The City of Richmond Department of Social Services is seeking two (2) highly qualified candidates for the unclassified position of Social Casework Specialist with the Healthy Families Program. This program prevents child abuse and neglect among high-risk teens and adults by providing intensive home visitation services until the toddlers are three (3) years of age. All families receive weekly visits for the first six (6) months of the child's birth.
- Providing case management services and complete routine home visits to families residing in communities within the City of Richmond;
- Assisting in strengthening the parent-child relationship and ensuring linkage to community resources for program participants of the Healthy Families Richmond Program;
- Conducting developmental screenings and referring families to early intervention programs when needed;
- Monitoring client educational and medical needs, prenatal visits, infant immunizations, and administering child development assessment instruments;
- Developing family support plans with goals, objectives and activities to enhance healthy child development and ensure family stability;
- Facilitating parent support groups;
- Providing limited transportation to medical appointments;
- Performing other related duties as assigned to ensure program success.
Qualifications, Special Certifications and Licenses
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Considerable knowledge in Social and human services programs and practices; Early childhood development, brain development, and age-specific milestones; Substance abuse symptoms and treatment; Community-based programs and resources; Aspects of maternal and fetal health; Disability Determination Services (DDS) programs; Child abuse and domestic violence prevention/awareness programs; The practice of "trauma-informed" care; and Mental health conditions and disorders.
Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of individuals; schedule and manage workloads to meet deadlines; and manage time effectively and prioritize tasks.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED;
- Bachelor's degree preferred;
- One year of specialized vocational training;
- Two years of related experience in a social services environment;
- An equivalent combination of training and experience (as approved by the department) may be used to meet the minimum qualifications of the classification.
LICENSING, CERTIFICATIONS, and OTHER SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid Driver's License with a satisfactory driving record and a valid Commonwealth of Virginia Driver's License within 30 days of hire.
PREFERRED TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Home visitation experience and/or daycare or early childhood experience;
- Associate's degree in Early Childhood Development;
- Three (3) years of case management experience;
- Experience conducting home visits;
- Counseling and client assessment experience and conducting developmental assessments with prenatal families or families with children under the age of one year.
With over 4,000 employees, the City of Richmond is an "Employer of Choice" among cities throughout the nation. The City strives to hire and retain employees who bring dedication and talent to the workforce. Offering a competitive, cost effective, and quality benefits package is one element of an "Employer of Choice".
The City offers a full range of benefit programs from initial hire through retirement. Please visit our Web site for details.
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on erokko-club.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.