Workforce Multimedia Specialist C2 GPS Lower Rio Grande Workforce McAllen
Short Description :Automobile liability insurance Bachelor Degree from an accredited university or college in a relevant field of study Associate Degree from an accredited college or university in a relevant field of study, and two 2 years of work experience in the ,…
Full Description :
JOB TITLE: Workforce Multimedia Specialist
LOCATION: McAllen, TX
Under close supervision, this position will help implement the company’s overall information strategy to drive engagement, conversation, awareness and connection with the community. Will monitor and maintain an online community for the general population to connect with the services we provide utilizing multiple social media platforms. This role coordinates with internal and external Public and Relations departments, ensuring consistency in voice and message.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Effectively maintain the social media presence on a day to day basis
- Articulate the message clearly, engagingly, and in a manner consistent with our standards and code of ethics
- Uphold all brand and identity standards and follow all procedures to ensure quality expectations are met
- Engage fans and followers to build brand equity via social media channels
- Identify and recommend new ways to increase participation, encourage feedback and acquire new connections and followers
- Monitor the social media channels for inappropriate content and take action according to established guidelines
- Develop analytics reports and make available to management and board staff
- Assist other staff as a social media advocate by educating and training the community partners in best practices for social media
- Monitor trends in online community tools, trends and applications and be aware of market changes and developments
- May perform additional services such as videography, including recording and editing, under direction of management.
- Responsible for meeting and exceeding all C2 GPS applicable performance measures (i.e., Job Postings Filled Rate, Workforce Assistance, etc…).
- Assists employers in recruiting, screening and referring qualified applicants to meet their hiring needs.
- Assists employers with Work In Texas (WIT) system and navigating them through the job order process; assists employers in the development of job descriptions to ensure quality matches in WIT; enters job postings into WIT.
- Interviews customers to record and assess employment information to determine customer’s career development opportunities and needs.
- Educates customers on center services including the job seeker tools available (i.e. WorkInTexas (WIT) self-directed job search/match, typing tutorials, resume programs, workshops, etc.). May assist customers with the WIT registration and ensures registrations are properly completed.
- Conducts job matches and refers qualified job seekers to employers.
- Works closely with the Business Solutions Representative and Career Center staff regarding employer communications to discuss ways to improve services and meet labor market needs more effectively.
- Collects and provides information on labor market needs, educational opportunities, employment resources, and support services to customers.
- Data enters all services according to policies and procedures accurately and in real time (as service is provided to customer) in the appropriate systems. Ensures that all information on application is correct and correctly entered in the system.
- Identifies community resources and establishes linkages to assist customers with specific needs.
- Manages the WIT system and stays abreast of job openings.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited educational institution with four (4) years of work experience in the public or private sector, preferably in workforce development, or
- Associate Degree from an accredited college or university in a relevant field of study, and two (2) years of work experience in the public or private sector, preferably in workforce development, or
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited university or college in a relevant field of study.
- Excellent verbal, written and social media communication skills.
- Demonstrated customer service skills, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated computer skills, with experience using word processing and spreadsheet software programs.
- Familiarity with the communities being served, with knowledge and understanding of local needs and resources.
- Ability to develop and maintain professional working relationships with management, coworkers, workers from other programs and outside agencies, as well as the public.
- May be required to utilize a personal automobile for our agency’s related
- business requiring a current valid driver’s license and current automobile liability insurance.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish strongly preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands for finger coordination, reach with arms and hands, drive a vehicle, lift/carry 30 pounds of equipment, stoop, kneel, talk and hear. Occasional travel required.
C2 Global Professional Services is an award-winning employment and training organization, that prepares and places people into productive jobs. We’re located in five regions in Texas and one in Florida. We strive to fulfill our mission by following our Core Values of “Respect, Communication, Customer Engagement and Ingenuity.”
Come and surround yourself with talented and professional individuals who have also taken the next step of making a difference in someone’s life. You would not only have a great and dedicated team to work with, but you would also be eligible to take advantage of a competitive benefits plan which includes:
- Health Insurance (with no cost options for employee only plans)
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401(K) with 6% Employer Match
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Pet Insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer: minority/female/disability/veteran
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on erokko-club.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.