Information Technology Specialist US Other Agencies and Independent Organizations Washington
Short Description :Unpaid experience and/or completion of specific, intensive training for example, IT certification, as appropriate Oral Communication Expresses information for example, ideas or facts to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of ,…
Full Description :
- Diagnose and resolve problems in response to customer reported network incidents.
- Research, evaluate, and provide feedback on problematic network, operation trends and patterns to support customer support requirements.
- Interact with internal/external stakeholders as the Subject Matter Expert to provide Information Technology guidance and solutions and providing customer training as required on network/data center operations.
- Install, configure, integrate, troubleshoot, optimize and maintain customer hardware and software to maximize system availability and monitors network performance.
- Identify and specify information system security requirements and ensure application of information security/information assurance policies, principles and practices.
- Provide direct support to DFC on IT programs and services, with an emphasis on IT operating systems and network operations.
- Provide expertise in Local Area Network and Wide Area Network hardware, network design, and protocols.
- Configures and optimizes network servers, hubs, routers, and switches; identifying and controlling all LAN hardware and software configuration; establishing routing schema; maintaining directory services; managing domain name services.
- Provide intranet, internet, or extranet gateways.
- Job family (Series)
2210 Information Technology Management
RequirementsRequirements Conditions of Employment
- US Citizenship is required.
- Suitable for Federal employment, determined by background investigation.
- Direct Deposit of pay is required.
- Selective Service registration required for male applicants, unless exempt.
Attention to DetailIs thorough when performing work and conscientious about attention to detail.
Customer ServiceWorks with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
Oral CommunicationExpresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
Problem SolvingIdentifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
For the GS-14: You must possess at least one year of specialized experience that is equivalent in difficulty and complexity to the GS-13 level in the Federal service. Specialized experience is defined as experience that is in or directly related to the line of work of this position and has equipped you with the knowledge and competencies to successfully perform the duties of this position. More specifically, this requirement involves experience planning, developing, implementing and evaluating IT operating systems and network operations for an organization. Resume must reflect demonstrated experience developing cloud hybrid infrastructures (e.g. Azure, AWS, and Google Cloud technologies) and integration of hyper-converged technologies (e.g. Nutanix, HYCU Cloud Backup and Recovery services, HP NAS storage, Prism, and Acropolis) within a CISCO core switching environment.
CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, MS Cloud Platform, VWMare Certificated Professional, or other professional IT certifications highly desired.
Applicants must meet all eligibility and qualification requirements no later than 30 days after the closing date of this announcement.
TIME-IN-GRADE: Current career or career-conditional employees of the Federal government, or former career or career-conditional employees, who have a break in service of less than one year, are required to meet the time-in-grade restriction of one year of Federal experience at the next lower grade, with few exceptions outlined in 5 CFR 300.603(b).
A written test is not required.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Education
Education is not a substitute for experience at this grade.Additional information Telework Suitability: The duties of this position are suitable for occasional telework and the selectee may be allowed to telework with supervisor approval and if they meet the eligibility criterion in the 2010 Telework Act.
Stipulations of Employment:
Selection may require completion of a 1-year probationary period.
This position is subject to random drug testing while you occupy the position.
If selected, you will be required to file a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (OGE Form 450).
This position allows for a flexible work schedule.
DFC uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
This position is being advertised concurrently with vacancy announcement #DFC-20-MP-10826137BC using Merit Promotion procedures. If interested, refer to that announcement to determine if you meet merit promotion requirements and can apply to that announcement. NOTE: You must apply separately to each announcement in order to be considered under both.
This vacancy announcement may be used to fill similar positions within 90 days.
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application: https://help.usastaffing.gov/Apply/index.php?title=Alternate_Application_Information
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
For Category Rating: Once the application process is complete, qualified candidates will be assigned to a quality category. The category assignment is a measure of the degree in which your background matches the competencies required for this position. The categories for this announcement are defined as: Best-Qualified, Well-Qualified, and Qualified. Your resume and supporting documentation will then be used to determine if you are qualified for this job. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application materials, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this job. If you are found to be among the top candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
- Data Networking
- Influencing / Negotiating
- IT Portfolio and Investment/Project Management
- Oral Communication
- Technical CompetencyCloud Based Management
The Category Rating Process does not add veterans' preference points or apply the "rule of three," but protects the rights of veterans by placing them ahead of non-preference eligible within each category. Preference eligibles who meet the minimum qualification requirements and who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent must be listed in the highest quality category (except in the case of scientific or professional positions at the GS-09 level or higher).
Background checks and security clearance Security clearance
SecretDrug test required
YesPosition sensitivity and risk
Noncritical-Sensitive (NCS)/Moderate RiskTrust determination process
Required DocumentsRequired Documents
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Resume listing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates of employment mm/yy and duties performed.
2. Other supporting documents:
- College transcript(s), if qualifying based on education or if this position has a basic education requirement
- Veterans' Preference documentation, if applicable (e.g. DD-214 Member Copy 4 showing type of discharge/character of service, SF-15 Form and related documentation, VA letter, etc.)
- Career Transition Assistance Program/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program Documentation, if applicable (e.g. Certification of Expected Separation, Reduction-In-Force Separation Notice, or Notice of Proposed Removal; SF-50 that documents the RIF separation action; and most recent performance appraisal.)
- Cover Letter, optional
It is your responsibility to ensure all required documents have been submitted prior to the closing date of the announcement.
Career Transition Assistance Programs: These programs apply to employees who have been involuntarily separated from a Federal service position within the competitive service or Federal service employees whose positions have been deemed surplus or no longer needed. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: 1) meet CTAP or ICTAP eligibility criteria; 2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 85 or above; and 3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your CTAP or ICTAP eligibility. For more information: http://www.opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
This position is part of the US International Development Finance Corporation, OIT. The Data Center Operations Director is responsible for leadership, management, planning, and support of common information technology (IT) activities and resources that are used throughout DFC operating units that support DFC-wide operations.Responsibilities
Occasional travelYou may be expected to travel for this position.Supervisory status
Help This job is open to
- Career transition (CTAP, ICTAP, RPL)
Federal employees who meet the definition of a "surplus" or "displaced" employee.
- The public
U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S.
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on erokko-club.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.