Food Services - Associate Samaritan's Purse Boone
Short Description :Caterings, special events and banquets as scheduled Assist front line cooks as necessary on a shift basis Assist in maintaining the cleanliness of the dining room Keep Managers apprised of problems or situations that may arise, such as product shortages or ,…
Full Description :
Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. If you are searching for a Career with Impact come see how we serve! We have a temporary opportunity lasting up to 25 weeks, working 25 hours per week for an energetic team player to join our Food Services Team! This position will support various roles within the Food Services department!
Job Duties and Responsibilities include the following.:
This is a combined food prep, serving and dishwashing position, with the primary focus being dishwashing.
Responsible for the preparation and service of food according to approved menus and standardized recipes while keeping waste to a minimum.
Responsible for dishwashing duties, including pots and pans.
Responsible for setting up prior to and cleaning up after daily lunch period and special events.
Responsible for putting away dry stock in the storeroom, refrigerated food in cooler and frozen foods in the freezer when delivered by food service vendors.
Monitor food quality using Food Safe methods as directed.
Help maintain an orderly, clean kitchen, eating and service areas, storage, and cooler/freezer facilities.
Assist, or fill-in, in serving meals and in appropriate portions.
Assist front line cooks as necessary (on a shift basis).
Distribute and keep stocked prepped and serve ready food to the line.
Follow policies and procedures of Samaritan’s Purse as set forth in the Policy Manual .
Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Must be able to convey a positive and professional image to the public and to SP employees.
- Clean, neat appearance.
- Prep and serve food and beverages to guests at caterings, special events and banquets as scheduled.
- Assist in transportation of food dishes, utensils and service ware to function destinations.
- Assist in set-up as directed.
- Help keep all Food Service equipment and surrounding areas, sanitized and properly stored at the end of each shift.
- Keep Managers apprised of problems or situations that may arise, such as product shortages or special order need or repair and maintenance needs.
- Assist in washing dishes, glassware, silverware, pots/pans after meals. Collect and return dirty dishes to washing area.
- Assist in maintaining the cleanliness of the dining room.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or equivalent.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to have or possess the ability to:
- To walk and stand for extended periods of time at a brisk pace.
- Active listening and oral comprehension and communication.
- To bend, stretch, and lift moderate amounts of weight (35 lbs.).
- To perform repetitive hand and arm motions.
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPELEXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCEEXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTIONEXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITYEXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITHEXPECT God to do the impossible
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on erokko-club.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.