Patient Services Rep The Doctors Clinic Silverdale
Short Description :A medical receptionist Ensure efficient telephone communication Experience with customer service and multiline phones Greet patients and keep ,…
Full Description :
SCHEDULE: MF, 8:00am5:00pm
JOB TITLE: Patient Services Representative
REPORTS TO: Clinic Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
JOB OVERVIEW: Professionally represent to the public ensuring a professional and courteous environment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Greet patients and keep informed of appointment status.
- Establish and maintain demographics and insurance information using on-line system.
- Verify HMO eligibility.
- Ensure efficient telephone communication.
- Collect payments and co-payments for all services.
- Demonstrate courtesy and helpfulness toward patients and their families.
- Schedule mutually acceptable appointment times for patients and physicians using computerized scheduling system.
- Work as a team member within the patient services department and all other departments.
- Document work processes as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Certification/Licensure: Not required.
Experience: One of the following:
- 6 months experience as a medical receptionist.
- 6 months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 6 months experience as a Medical Records Clerk at .
- Medical terminology.
- Basic typing and keyboarding skills.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with customer service and multi-line phones.
- Familiarity with computers and other office equipment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities.
- Ability to multi-task efficiently and effectively.
- Must be able to act calmly and effectively in a busy or stressful situation.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language in person, by phone and in writing.
- Knowledge of contracted insurance plans and procedures.
- Requires adherence to all policies and procedures, including standards for safety, attendance, punctuality and personal appearance.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with managers and peers.
Hearing: Adequate to perform job duties in person and over the telephone.
Speaking: Must be able to communicate clearly to patients in person and over the telephone.
Vision: Visual acuity adequate to perform job duties, including reading information from printed
sources and computer screens.
Other: Requires occasional lifting and carrying items weighing up to 10 pounds unassisted. Requires
frequent bending, reaching, and repetitive hand movements, standing, walking, squatting and sitting,
with some lifting, pushing and pulling exerted regularly throughout a regular work shift.
The above is intended to describe the general content and requirements for the performance for this position. it is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on erokko-club.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.