Information Technology Specialist (Customer Support) US Department of Homeland Security Seattle
Short Description :Degree or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree in computer science, engineering, information science, information systems management, mathematics, operations research, statistics, or technology management or a degree that provided a ,…
Full Description :
- Planning and delivering technical support services, that include troubleshooting, installation, removals, systems knowledge assistance and/or training in response to customer requirements.
- Installing, configuring and testing software on customer workstations and participate in the planning and delivery of a full range of customer support services to the organization.
- Assisting functional users in resolving technical computer problems and malfunctions.
- Identifying users' location, equipment, and software and determine the nature of the problem (e.g. routine, non-routine, user error, faulty data lines, equipment malfunctions, software malfunctions, etc.).
- Job family (Series)
2210 Information Technology Management
RequirementsRequirements Conditions of Employment
- Reservist positions are temporary appointments within the Excepted Service and are not to exceed 2 years in duration
- You must be a U.S. citizen to be considered for this position.
- You must successfully pass a background investigation.
- Travel will be required.
- You must be able to obtain and maintain a Government credit card.
- Selective service registration is required for males born after 12/31/59.
- This position is temporary and intermittent and you will work during disaster declarations.
- All federal employees are required to have direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
- Must be able to be available to deploy for at least 275 days per year.
- All candidates must be available to deploy at all times during the term of this appointment unless pre-approved through authorized Reservist leave. Reservists may take up to 90 days of unpaid Reservist Leave per year.
- Please review "Additional Information" section for additional key requirements.
- Minimum age of eighteen years of age is required.
- All candidates must be a high school graduate or possess a GED.
- You must sign a 'Conditions of Employment' form.
Have successfully completed a master's degree or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree in computer science, engineering, information science, information systems management, mathematics, operations research, statistics, or technology management or a degree that provided a minimum of 24 semester hours in one or more of the fields identified above and required the development or adaptation of applications, systems or networks.
Experience must be IT related that may be demonstrated by paid or unpaid experience and/or completion of specific, intensive training (for example, IT certification), as appropriate and must demonstrate each of the following competencies listed below:
- Attention to DetailIs thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Customer ServiceWorks with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
- Oral CommunicationExpresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
- Problem SolvingIdentifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g. Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social).
Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills, and provides valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your application must show that you meet all requirements for this position. You may be found "not qualified" if you do not possess the minimum competencies required for the position.
NOTE: Qualifications are based on breadth/level of experience. In addition to describing duties performed, applicants must provide the exact dates of each period of employment (from MM/YY to MM/YY) and the number of hours worked per week if part time. As qualification determinations cannot be made when resumes do not include the required information, failure to provide this information may result in disqualification. Applicants are encouraged to use the USAJOBS Resume Builder to develop their federal resume.
Current or former FEMA Reservists/DAE employees: To accurately credit your experience for these intermittent positions, make sure to list the dates (from MM/YY to MM/YY) of each deployment, along with the job title and specific duties you were responsible for during each deployment. Failure to provide this information may result in disqualification. Education
NOTE: If you are qualifying based on education and/or are selected for a position which requires a college degree to meet minimum qualification requirements, you will be required to submit your official college transcript(s) at time of selection.Additional information
Foreign education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, click here. You must provide translated transcripts.
FEMA Reservists: Are incident management responders, hired under the Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act. Reservists are a significant factor in the agency workforce in responding to disasters. These employees deploy to perform activities directly related to disasters, emergencies, projects, or activities of a non-continuous nature. Reservist positions are temporary appointments within the Excepted Service and are not to exceed 2 years in duration. Work opportunities are intermittent due to the irregular nature of disasters and Reservist employees are not guaranteed regular recurring hours, deployments, or renewal of employment.How You Will Be Evaluated
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
Selective Service: Males born after 12/31/59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see http://www.sss.gov/).
To ensure the accomplishment of our mission, DHS requires every employee to be reliable and trustworthy. To meet those standards, all selected applicants must undergo, successfully pass, and maintain a background investigation for Public Trust clearance as a condition of placement into this position. This may include a credit check after initial job qualifications are determined, review of financial issues, such as delinquency in the payment of debts, child support and/or tax obligations, as well as certain criminal offenses and illegal use or possession of drugs.
All candidates must be able to deploy with little or no advance notice to anywhere in the United States and its territories for an extended period of time. Deployments may include working in excess of eight hours a day, or in excess of 40 hours in a given week, including weekends and holidays, and under stressful, physically demanding, and austere conditions. When activated and deployed, you serve in a federal travel status and are entitled to lodging, transportation and per diem reimbursements for authorized expenses in accordance with federal travel regulations.
FEMA Reservist employees must maintain an address of primary residency (which will serve as the official duty station of the employee), in a Stafford Act "State", as defined by Section 102(4) of the Stafford Act.
If selected for this position, you will be required to complete FEMA's onboarding program and a subsequent orientation program. Additional orientation information will be provided post selection.
You will be paid only during times of deployment. You will be paid sick leave and earn one hour of sick leave for every 20 hours in a pay status, up to four hours each pay period.
You will be eligible to enroll in Federal Employee Health Benefits (FEHB) when in a pay status of 14 days or more. Enrollment in FEHB terminates upon entering a non-pay status.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. If you are qualified, you will be referred to a selection panel for consideration. You will be evaluated on the following competencies:
- Customer Service
- Oral Communication
- Technical Problem Solving
To preview the assessment questionnaire, click the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10834124
Background checks and security clearance Security clearance
OtherDrug test required
Required DocumentsRequired Documents
1. Your resume: listing hours worked per week, dates of employment (month/year) and duties performed for each position held.
2. Your responses to the job questionnaire -You will be directed to the online job questionnaire once you begin the application process for this position.
3. Are you a current or former federal employee? Submit a copy of your most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, that verifies the Federal service indicated on your resume e.g., length of time you have been in your current/highest grade(examples of appropriate SF-50s include promotions or within-grade/range increases); your current promotion potential; proof of permanent appointment, etc.
4. Transcripts if qualifying based on education
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
The Federal Emergency Management Agency is a federal agency composed of FEMA Headquarters, the ten regional offices, the National Emergency Training Center, Center for Domestic Preparedness/Noble Training Center, and other locationsto support the larger emergency management team.Responsibilities
As a Information Technology Specialist (Customer Support) in FEMA's Reservist Program, you will perform a wide range of IT management activities that extend and apply to specified units in the FEMA organization and its major components. Duties include:
76% or greaterIn addition to frequent travel related to deployment(s), occasional non-emergency travel may also be required.Supervisory status
Help This job is open to
- The public
U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S.
The Reservist Program is an appointment type granted under the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act, Section 306 (b), which authorizes FEMA to appoint such temporary employees as necessary to accomplish work authorized under the Act.
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on erokko-club.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.