Insurance Collector-Nashville TN Tennessee Oncology Nashville
Short Description :Prompt, timely manner Evaluates status of accounts and prioritizes collection action letters, phone calls, staff assistance Prepares daily user reports for Team Leader review and filing along with appropriate notes/documentation Effective verbal and written communications, including active ,…
Full Description :
Location: Nashville TN
FT/PT Status: Regular Full Time
Responsibilities / Essential Functions: **This position is not open to outside services****
Review monthly accounts receivables, follow up for resolution, insurance contact and claim re-files when necessary. Knowledge of oncology billing reimbursement as well as CPT-4, ICD-9, HCSPS coding required.
- Works and/or maintains every account in the assigned AR in the 60+ day categories. Reviews EOBs within a two-week turnaround.
- Documents accurate collection activity in the collection tracking notes.
- Evaluates status of accounts and prioritizes collection action (letters, phone calls, staff assistance).
- Calls on outstanding balances due from carriers in a timely manner.
- Telephones, interviews, and counsels patients on outstanding self-pay balances.
- Responds to incoming telephone or mail inquiries in a prompt, timely manner.
- Completes write-off adjustment forms for accounts needing necessary adjustments and turns in to Team Leader with appropriate documentation attached.
- Maintains collection logs for distribution to other teams for use in identifying areas needing attention/correction.
- Advises Team Leader of any unusual collection accounts as they become delinquent or are in question.
- Prepares daily user reports for Team Leader review and filing along with appropriate notes/documentation.
- Works with Registrars and other staff to gather necessary information for proper account work/collection activity.
- Maintains a complete understanding of HCPCS/ICD/CPT oncology coding and specific carrier requirements/knowledge.
- Previous commercial collections experience preferred
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of management and other colleagues, demonstrating initiative, mature judgment and customer service orientation.
- Effective verbal and written communications, including active listening skills and skill in presenting findings and recommendations.
- Exceptional Multi-tasking, organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skillsSkill in negotiating issues and resolving problems.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proficient in the use of end-user computer applications regarding productivity (MS Word, Excel, Outlook), database and patient billing and other medical information systems.
- Ability to operate various types of office equipment.
- Must possess high degree of professionalism and adaptability.
- One year of experience in directly related role
- Must be willing and able to travel to satellite clinics when necessary
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on erokko-club.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.