Lomar Warehouse Generlist, Part-time HyVee Des Moines
Short Description :Jacks, forklift, stock picker, loader, turret truck, reach truck Accurately receives freight by verifying the shipment and matching the bill of lading and matching the product to our purchase order, inspecting for damages, correct height, and checking the tag for staging Visual ,…
Full Description :
Des Moines, IA 50316
Job Title: Warehouse Generalist, part-time
Responsible for the selection and stacking of merchandise on pallets to be shipped to retail locations. Prepares orders including accurately selecting order items via a voice automated selection system and palletizes them for shipment.
15-28 hours/week; flexible shifts and hours with weekend availability required.
Accountable and Reports to (Job Title): Assistant Warehouse Supervisors; Warehouse Supervisors; Director of Warehousing; Safety and Compliance Supervisor
Positions that Report to you (Job Title): None
- Provides customer service by accurately and timely selecting orders via a voice automated selection system and safely palletize merchandise for shipment to assigned stores.
- Applies pallet ID and accurately stages selected order to be loaded on assigned trailer for delivery.
- Accurately receives freight by verifying the shipment and matching the bill of lading and matching the product to our purchase order, inspecting for damages, correct height, and checking the tag for staging. Reports any damage and problems to a supervisor. ( Must verify temperature on refrigerated merchandise)
- Upon certification, safely operates both single and double pallet jacks, forklift, stock picker, loader, turret truck, reach truck.
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
- Accurately replenishes merchandise to select slots
- Accurately loads outgoing staged orders ensuring that all merchandise is verified and the entire order to on the correct trailer
- Collects empty pallets from slots, sorts, and puts away.
- Keeps aisles cleans and neat by picking up cardboard, plastic, and sweeping. Shrink wrap removed and properly disposes of damaged product to the designated area.
- Replaces equipment batteries as needed.
- Must be properly trained on all new or updated equipment before operating that equipment.
- Keeps equipment in good working order by reporting problems and operating safely.
- Ensures accurate inventory through accurate product counting.
- Adheres to company policies.
- Performs other job related duties and special projects as required.
- Must be physically able to perform heavy work: exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, 50 pounds of force frequently, and 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- Visual requirements include vision from 20 inches or less to 20 feet or more with or without correction, color vision, field of vision, and depth perception
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities:
Stooping, kneeling, crawling, reaching, walking, pushing, standing, feeling, pulling, lifting, grasping, talking, hearing, climbing, balancing, bending, and repetitive motions
- Must have the ability to meet the language and hearing capabilities for voice automated selection
- Must have the ability to follow one or two-step instructions; routine, repetitive tasks
- Must be able to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division, involving whole numbers
- Must have the ability to understand and follow verbal or demonstrated instructions; write identifying information; request supplies orally or in writing
The duties of this position are performed in a warehouse setting. There is exposure to noise, dust, dirt and equipment including batteries. There is significant pressure to meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks in a day. Some employees could work or be asked to sub in a refrigerated warehouse-temperatures will vary from 25 to 40 degrees.
Equipment Used to Perform Job
Double pallet jack, forklift, stock picker, single pallet jack, turret truck, reach trucks, computers, scan guns, Vo-collect, temp trip. May also use cleaning materials such as broom and shovel
Has daily contact with outside carriers, warehouse/office personnel
Education/Experience Required to Perform Job None
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on erokko-club.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.