Route Service Representative Northwell Health New Hyde Park
Short Description :Assists in the coordination and repair of communication equipment Performs the duties of dispatcher and Laboratory Support Associate LSA within the Central Laboratory Retains all ,…
Full Description :
Retrieves samples from Physician offices, patient service centers and RRLs; and delivers these samples to the Central Laboratory.
- Assists RRL staff in packaging samples in approved controlled temperature blocks/containers for delivery to the Central Laboratory.
- Maintains patient confidentiality as well as specimen integrity during transport.
- Verifies specimen transfer lists and/or requisition forms are enclosed with samples received from RRL’s or Physician’s offices. Verifies documentation is complete for each stop on route sheet.
- Retains all receipts for vehicle charges incurred.
- Attaches all receipts to the employee daily logbook and enters data into central logbook, either PC based or manually.
- Submits expense report and logs associated expenses to central logbook.
- Completes route log book.
- Fills-out inspection report.
- Assures vehicle is washed as often as necessary.
- Assures vehicle is tuned every 10,000 miles (appointments will be made through contracted service station).
- Assures vehicle’s oil and filter is changed every 3,000 miles (appointments will be made through contracted service station).
- Relays any vehicle deficiencies immediately to Supervisor.
Performs the duties of LSA (Laboratory Support Associate) and assists with dispatching.
- Assures RSR’s are at defined locations at the proper time. Relays delays to dispatcher.
- Coordinates the pick-up and delivery of specimens and reports to/from Physician offices and assures prompt delivery.
- Coordinates all STAT pick-up requests from clients of the NS-LIJHS from either Physician offices or RRL.
- Coordinates pickup services for vehicles broken down on the road.
- Assures all broken down vehicles have been reported to the Supervisor.
- Assists in the coordination and repair of communication equipment.
- Coordinates the delivery of supplies to physician offices with RSR’s or commercial vendors; keeps records of the deliveries.
Perform Completes route log book s related duties, as required.
Performs related duties, as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Valid NY State driver’s license, required.
- Previous related experience, preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on erokko-club.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.