2nd Shift Working Supervisor ITW Polymers and Fluids Solon
Short Description :Certified to drive all types of lift trucks On rare occasion, the employee has the possibility of exposure once a day to electrical shock and battery explosion Balance on moving vehicles in standing ,…
Full Description :
Permatex, Inc. a division of Illinois Tool Works (NYSE: ); is a leading manufacturer, distributor, and marketer of premium chemical products to the automotive maintenance and repair, home and hardware markets. Core brands include: Permatex®, Fast Orange®, Spray Nine®, the Right Stuff® and Devcon® Home. We seek a Working Supervisor to join our 2nd Shift Manufacturing team at our Solon, OH facility. Second shift hours are from 3pm-11pm, Monday through Friday.
To operate, oversee and coordinate shift production, maintenance and changeover activities
- Coordinates and schedules production in an efficient manner while attaining quality
- Monitors and reacts to Statistical Process Control information, shuts down equipment when there are process problems and makes necessary corrections
- Schedules and performs routine preventative maintenance of equipment
- Identifies, isolates and corrects equipment malfunctions
- Performs production changeovers using computer system software and appropriate equipment
- Responsible for accurate and timely reporting of production, labor and scrap incurred during the shift
- Assures that associates are trained in operations and changeover procedures for appropriate filling and packaging lines
- Assures MRO parts are maintained at desired levels, ordering those items as needed
- Supervises/directs subordinates and temporary staffing as well as administers policies and procedures
- Promotes and follows all safety guidelines, procedures, and recommends safety improvements as needed
POSITIONS SUPERVISED (IF ANY)
Machine Operators and Temporary Staff.
$20.53$28.75 hourly plus a $.50 shift differential for 2nd shift. Pay rate depends on experience.
- High School Diploma/GED required
- 5-7 years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment in a supervisory or lead role; preferably automotive or bottling and packaging
- Must be computer literate
- Must be certified to drive all types of lift trucks: low-lift, fork-lift, high-lift
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to stand; walk; climb; balance on moving vehicles in standing and sitting positions, operate mechanical moving equipment; and to hear. The employee is constantly exposed to vibration while operating mechanical equipment. The employee is frequently required to bend; stoop; stand; handle; finger; feel; reach forward with arms; and talk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; crouch; kneel; squat; and twist. The employee is rarely required to crawl. The employee must occasionally lift, push/pull, and or move up to 65 pounds. The employee must possess the mandatory ability to react and move quickly in case of emergency. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus/accommodate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to the possibility of injury to the hands or feet and collision with moving equipment. The possibility of fire exists. On rare occasion, the employee has the possibility of exposure (once a day) to electrical shock and battery explosion. The employee may also rarely come into contact with toxic / caustic chemicals from damaged product.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and machinery. A strong citrus odor is present constantly in the work environment. The noise level in the work environment is moderate. Work is performed inside with moderate amounts of heat, cold and humidity encountered. Inside work can be dirty, with adequate lighting and ventilation. Conditions can include the presence of hazards such as flammable liquids, moving machinery and working around and with others.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. This job description should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an incumbent in this position. Incumbents are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Permatex is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled. EEO is the law. Permatex invites any employee and/or applicant to review the Company’s Affirmative Action Plan. This plan is available for inspection upon request by emailing katie.craig [at]permatex.com . If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Katie Craig at (440) 914-3166. No other calls will be accepted.
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on erokko-club.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.