Cybersecurity Engineer – Splunk Platform Dell Technologies Annapolis Junction
Short Description :Or a related field Adapts and integrates own experience with Dellwide strategy Excellent problemsolving skills with the ability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues With team members located in over 15 countries, you will have an excellent opportunity ,…
Full Description :
Cybersecurity Engineer – Splunk Platform
The Security & Resiliency organization (SRO) manages the security risk across all aspects of ’s business. We are currently experiencing incredible growth in order to meet the security needs of the world’s largest technology company. With team members located in over 15 countries, you will have an excellent opportunity to influence the security culture at and further develop your career.
We are currently seeking a Cybersecurity Engineer to join our Security & Resiliency team.
Cybersecurity Engineers have responsibility for providing thought leadership across security technology areas and aligning with both the business and cybersecurity objectives. In this role, you will be expected to contribute to initiatives across Cybersecurity, and work as a member of a larger team that focuses on priority-driven items which change based on need.
The Cybersecurity Engineer integrates deep subject matter expertise with:
- Industry experience
- Relevant related disciplines
- Business goals and strategy
- Understands impact of emerging business trends and their implications for and its customers
- Develops complex solutions to business problems or customer engagements through in-depth analysis, coordination and negotiation with key stakeholders
- Adapts and integrates own experience with -wide strategy
- Develops innovative solutions to problems without precedent
- Decisions are strategic in nature, have long-term consequence, and tend to relate to business strategy, financial performance and effective resource
- Builds security solutions for Splunk platform; successfully executes design planning, upgrades, enhancements and customer requests
- Collaborates with various global IT teams and business units and coordinates resources to effectively perform maintenance and response tasks
- Identifies and recommends process improvements
- Provides security control enhancement recommendations based on regulatory and best practice procedures
- Reviews, examines and resolves difficult and complex information security problems related to the Splunk platform
- Delivers value leveraging Agile methods within Scaled Agile Framework for Lean Enterprises v5.0
- Act as a key contributor within an Agile Team dedicated to logging and monitoring solutions directly consumed by Security Analysts and Investigators
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management of Information Systems, or a related field; or equivalent professional experience in a similar role
- 3+ years Splunk Enterprise experience
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of IT systems, domains, enterprise applications, DNS, and Networking
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) knowledge in one or more areas such as firewalls, databases, web proxy, e-mail and web gateway etc. to include: Palo Alto / Checkpoint / SonicWall / SQL / McAfee / Cisco / Blue Coat / Imperva, etc.
- Strong skills and experience working with syslog, regular expressions and Linux
- Experience with Splunk IT Service Intelligence (ITSI) and/or Splunk Enterprise Security (ES)
- Splunk Certified Admin or greater preferred
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with emphasis on technical writing skills and the ability to explain complex problems to nontechnical teams
- Ability to build effective relationships with people at all levels
- Customer-oriented with a strong interest in customer satisfaction
Technologies is a unique family of businesses that helps organizations and individuals build their digital future and transform how they work, live and play—providing customers with the industry’s broadest and most innovative technology and services portfolio. We value our customers, winning together, innovation, results and integrity. Grow your career with a highly competitive salary, bonus programs, world-class benefits and unparalleled learning and development opportunities— all at a company that is proud to be diverse and inclusive. Learn more on how we are closing the diversity gap.
is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
LIPRIORITYJob ID: R064628
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on erokko-club.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.