Document Specialist TRC Companies Inc Houstonposted by admin on September 26, 2020
Short Description :Field locations, governmental agencies, corporate entities, and client offices Responsible for the data entry, ROW documentation and ROW administration activities as required by the approved ROW Procedure Maintain the ROW records filing system including ,…
Full Description :
Reports to the Document Coordinator or the ROW Manager/Supervisor should the Document Coordinator not be included in the organization. Responsible for the data entry, ROW documentation and ROW administration activities as required by the approved ROW Procedure; adheres to project ROW policies, guidelines, and procedures and is responsible to meet project timeliness and objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform data entry for ROW records and activities
- Maintain the ROW records filing system including document control, file index and content records
- Review and confirm all data in the Limited Title Certificate (LTC). Input information from the LTC into the database necessary for the ROW documents. Implement LTC log for tracking of documents.
- Prepare ROW documents for acquisition. Implement an Easement Log for tracking of documents.
- Review of acquired easements for submission to supervisor for approval prior to recording.
- Print reports from the database as required by the project management.
- Prepare easements and related documents and review all documents for correctness
- Prepare land acquisition packets
- Review condemnation files for completeness prior to transmittal to attorneys.
- Adhere to project Safety Plan
RequirementsMust be local to Houston for considerationno per diem offeredThis is NOT a remote position Part Time/Temp2-3 month project
High School graduate plus any related administrative training. College level courses a plus.
Licenses, Certifications, Credentials, or Other Requirements: NA
- Two years' experience as a document specialist or a related ROW position
- GeoAMPS experience preferred
- Proficient in PC operation, including spreadsheet and word processing. Experience in database program operations is a plus.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and assertiveness, the ability to plan and manage their work in an efficient manner, and the ability to work well under stress and time pressures.
- Recommend changes to assure quality document generation.
- Should be knowledgeable in the methods and techniques for performing Land Services activities. Should possess competent knowledge and skills in land description and terminology, and ROW document analysis.
- Practical experience in the application, modification and adaptation of standards, techniques and procedures for ROW documents.
- Must be detail oriented and have excellent oral and written communication skills.
Physical, Environmental, and Mental Requirements
The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Employee is expected to use good judgment when lifting or moving office supplies and/or furniture and to seek assistance or wear back support appliances when appropriate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus in use of computer monitor and other manual, task-related functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, use hands and fingers, to handle, or feel objects, tools, controls. Reach with hands and arms, hear and talk. The employee is required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel or crouch.
Department/Location Specific Requirements and Comments
- Any other task that may be required during the performance of duties.
- Ability to travel as dictated by job requirements.
- This job will require the majority of work to be performed in a well-lighted, temperature-controlled office setting. Most activities require work to be performed at field locations, governmental agencies, corporate entities, and client offices. There are frequent interruptions during the workday for impromptu meetings.
- Must pass pre-employment/random drug tests and background check.
- Must be local to the area
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on erokko-club.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.