Volunteer Coordinator Community Action Committee of the Lehigh Valley, Inc. Bethlehem
Short Description :Bachelors degree in related field preferred The Volunteer Coordinator directs all aspects of an effective and valueadded volunteer program, including development and implementation of a plan, recruitment, training, record keeping, recognition and evaluation If youre motivated and want to ,…
Full Description :
Working for Community Action offers opportunities, an environment, benefits and a mission you won't find anywhere else. If you're motivated and want to be part of an organization that helps improve the community- then this is the opportunity for you.
The Volunteer Coordinator directs all aspects of an effective and value-added volunteer program, including development and implementation of a plan, recruitment, training, record keeping, recognition and evaluation.
Employment Type: Full Time Nonexempt
Starting hourly rate: $17.00 per hour
- Comprehensive Health Benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription
- Agency paid Life Insurance and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401 (k) Retirement Plan with agency contribution
Generous Paid Leave Time-
- Vacation- 15 Days: Earn more time after 2 and 5 year anniversaries
- 9 Observed Holidays
Planning and Evaluation
- Develops and implements goals and objectives for the volunteer program which reflect the mission of the Agency.
- Assesses the need for volunteers to enhance program/service delivery.
- Develops, administers, and reviews policies and procedures which guide the volunteer program and reflect the overall values of the Agency.
- Develops and administers forms and records to document the volunteer activities.
- Identifies volunteer assignments that provide meaningful and appropriate work for volunteers and add value to the agency.
- Writes “assignment descriptions” that accurately describe the expectations of the assignment.
- Ensures volunteers’ safety.
- Develops and implements a process for evaluating the contribution of individual volunteers.
- Prepares reports on the contribution of the volunteer program to the Agency.
Recruitment, Training and Recognition
- Promotes the volunteer program to gain community support of the volunteer program and the Agency.
- Organizes, coordinates, and manages the recruitment, selection and satisfaction of volunteers.
- Schedules, coordinates, and assigns volunteers to appropriate activities.
- Conducts orientation for volunteers to increase their understanding of the Agency, it’s participants, services and the role and responsibilities of volunteers.
- Ensures volunteers are given appropriate training.
- Plans and implements formal and informal volunteer recognition activities.
- Seeks donations of in-kind support and identifies prospects for fund solicitation.
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred
- Excellent people skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership skills with ability to motivate and encourage others
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Valid Driver's license with a good driving record required
CACLV is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation or handicap.
Powered by JazzHR
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on erokko-club.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.