Xavier University Housekeeping Sodexo New Orleansposted by admin on February 24, 2021
Short Description :A vehicle Cleans offices, patients/residents rooms, dorms, classrooms, schools, common areas, lavatories, halls, food service areas and any other areas that may require attention May perform hardsurface floor scrubbing, stripping and refinishing, as well as carpet spotting and extraction, ,…
Full Description :
- Cleans offices, patients’/residents’ rooms, dorms, classrooms, schools, common areas, lavatories, halls, food service areas and any other areas that may require attention.
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs, polishes floors and vacuums hallways, stairs and office space.
- May perform hard-surface floor scrubbing, stripping and refinishing, as well as carpet spotting and extraction, which require the use of mechanical equipment.
- May participate in the maintenance of wood floors, such as in gymnasiums or dance studios, to include cleaning, screening, stripping, sanding and refinishing.
- Cleans light fixtures, ceilings and vents, walls, mattresses, furniture, windows and window coverings.
- Will be required to properly and safely use cleaning chemicals per manufacturer and standards.
- Empties trash and garbage containers.
- Replenishes supplies and materials.
- May change sheets and replenish linens.
- May perform routine equipment maintenance and make minor repairs.
- May drive a golf cart or other vehicles.
- Moves furniture and sets-up tables and chairs.
- Notifies supervisor concerning any need for any maintenance repairs or additions observed.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Applies all applicable OSHA and related local safety requirements to all assigned work.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- May participate in snow and ice management duties, including the operation of snow removal equipment
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Knowledge of proper and safe use of applicable custodial equipment.
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Appropriate maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity in light of time and attendance policy and/or client operating hours.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience.
- No previous experience required.
- Ability to learn and use established techniques for the efficient and compliant completion of duties.
- Ability to present self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Ability to maintain a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers and client representatives.
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond accordingly to employees.
- Must have basic phone and computer skills (email, texting, etc.).
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Adequate/reasonable oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well alone and in a team.
- Ability to use all relevant electronic and communication devices.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in all OSHA and local requirements related to all assigned work.
- Possess a valid driver’s license if required to drive a vehicle
- Blood Borne Pathogen Training.
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may participate in outside activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Wears protective clothing and/or Personal Protective Equipment required by the work environment or governmental regulations.
- Will be exposed to various cleaning chemicals.
- Unit Description: Identify unit-specific job tasks and qualifications in relation to this job. List any language(s), software or registrations required to perform this job. Please describe the typical writing, speaking and presentation skills required for this job and identify the audience.
is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
As one of the leading companies in United States, Sodexo opens variety of opportunities for employees to grow and make them as future leaders of the professional and disciplined. Sodexo also offers a dynamic work environment in order to encourage employees to give optimally, and at the same time, you are able to increase new skills and knowing through the company programs.
If You are interested to send an application for Xavier University Housekeeping Job Openings New Orleans March 2021 by Sodexo, please prepare requirements files and documents as soon as possible. To apply by online, please click the "Apply" button below. If you still do not satisfy with a hiring job above, you can try to read more jobs list in New Orleans region from another company below.
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on erokko-club.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.