Electrician II City of St. Petersburg Saint Petersburg
Short Description :Commercial Driver License CDL or at the time of application, possess a Class quotBquot temporary permit, and obtain and continue to maintain the Class quotBquot license within five and one half 5 months of appointment to the position Possess a valid Certificate ,…
Full Description :
Salary: $22.18$31.53 Hourly
Close Date: Open Until Filled To Qualify Minimum Qualifications. Applicants must:
- Possess a valid high school diploma or GED equivalency.
- Possess a valid Certificate of Competency as a Journeyman Electrician issued by any county in Florida and obtain and maintain a Pinellas County Journeyman License within five and one half (5 ½) months of appointment to the position.
- Possess and maintain a valid State of Florida Class "B" Commercial Driver License (CDL)orat the time of application, possess a Class "B" temporary permit, and obtain and continue to maintain the Class "B" license within five and one half (5 ½) months of appointment to the position.
- Have completed an electrical apprentice program with considerable experience as a journeyman electrician or lineman.
- Have at least four (4) years of experience in the construction trade.
- Have considerable knowledge of the approved methods, materials, tools, equipment and principles of electrical theory used in electrical installation and maintenance work.
- Have considerable knowledge of City, State and National electrical codes.
- Be able to follow written and oral instructions and to read and interpret blueprints, sketches and diagrams.
- Be able to diagnose and repair electrical fixtures and equipment.
- Be able to operate a line truck, 75’ boom truck and other tools and equipment of the trade.
- Be able to understand and effectively carry out oral and written instructions.
- Acknowledge this position is designated as Emergency Critical (EC) and if hired into the position, you must be immediately available to the department before, during, and after a declared emergency and/or disaster.
Desirable Qualifications. Preferred applicants:
- Are skilled in the operation of a computer including experience with computer software programs such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel).
The is committed to a Drug Free Workplace and compliance with the Department of Transportation (DOT) drug testing rules. Applicants may be required to successfully complete pre-employment drug testing and/or medical exams. How To Apply
Apply online at www.stpete.org/jobsSelect Apply for Jobs/Register/View Job Postings. City employees must use the Current City Employee link or use a City computer to access iRecruitment Employee Candidate. The is committed to affirmative action and equal opportunity employment, and encourages individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply for posted positions. In accordance with Chapter 295 of the Florida Statutes, qualified servicemembers/veterans and the spouses/family members of certain servicemembers/veterans receive preference/priority in employment. Eligible applicants are responsible to apply for Veterans’ Preference at the time of submission of any job application. Reasonable accommodations may be made for qualified individuals with disabilities to apply, to interview for positions and to perform the essential job functions.
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on erokko-club.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.