Welder Trainee/Helper Greybeard Steel Post Falls
Short Description :Other mechanical drawings, and Work Orders Preventative maintenance of welding equipment and tools Forklift driving experience a plus This is an entry level ,…
Full Description :
Grey Beard Steel has an exciting opportunity for a Welder Trainer/Helper to join our team. This is an entry level position and has growth opportunities. Our Company is dedicated to building relationships as well as the communities we serve by delivering quality projects on time, safely and within budget. We’re looking for a hardworking professional who enjoys meeting challenges and surpassing customer expectations. The ideal candidate will have a desire to learn new skills, ability to retain new information, and a desire to grow with our company. Our company offers a robust benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, a flexible 4-day schedule, paid time off, and other employee perks.
The follow list describes the jobs duties and requirements:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sets up weld table with material for welders
- Lift and load work materials into positions as directed using hoists, cranes, or forklift
- Assist welders in loading or moving heavy work pieces during work operations
- Performs sub assembly work as needed
- Uses bracing and measurement tools
- Assist welders in bolting metal components
- Preventative maintenance of welding equipment and tools
- Clean work pieces as necessary with grinder or scraper
- May carry out welding operations under the supervision of an experienced welder
- Helpers assist welders in loading or moving heavy work pieces during work operations
- Proficient in the use of power brake, power shears, drill press and other miscellaneous metal shop equipment such as sanders, saws both cold and band.
- Ability to perform basic numerical calculations.
- Ability to read Shop Build Drawings, other mechanical drawings, and Work Orders.
- Maintains welding equipment, as needed.
- Maintains a safe work environment for oneself and others.
- Other duties as assigned by the area supervisor.
- Strong work ethic: on time, dependable, quality conscious, team player.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be able to work well with coworkers, members, and management
- Is accountable and reliable.
- General understanding of manufacturing practices and principles.
- Ability to learn new processes
- Basic data entry skills and basic math calculation skills.
- Must follow instruction.
- Follow through and complete assignments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Forklift driving experience a plus
- 6 months of working experience
- Standing and walking are required all day.
- Bending, squatting, pulling/pushing, reaching, and handling are also required on a frequent basis.
- Hand manipulation and fine manipulation are required on a continuous basis.
- Lifting, carrying and pulling objects requiring 60 pounds of force is required on a regular basis.
- Will encounter toxic chemicals, such as gas fumes.
- Regular attendance and punctuality are required.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 to $18.00 /hour
- metal/steel: 1 year (Preferred)
- welding: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- Monday to Friday
- 10 hour shift
- Waiting period may apply
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on erokko-club.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.