MBTA Transit Associate (Customer Service Ticket Agent) Block By Block Boston
Short Description :To the public High stress tolerance thrives in a highpressure environment _Most stations are enclosed, but some have openair and immediate access to the outdoor _Two years of continuous hospitality and customer ,…
Full Description :
Job Description for MBTA TRANSIT AMBASSADOR
***MUST HAVE WEEKEND AVAILABILITY***
Please Note: Our current hiring needs are for those individuals who have minimal schedule restrictions. We are currently looking for applicants with DAYS, NIGHTS and WEEKEND AV Flexible schedule (able to work 7 days of the week and the ability to work either the day shift (5:45am - 3:15pm or night shift (2:45PM - 12:15AM). The shift will be (at a minimum) 4 days, 36 hours...you may be required to work both Saturday and Sunday. At this time we would may be unable to accommodate extensive schedule restrictions.)
WHAT ARE TRANSIT AMBASSADORS?
Transit Ambassadors are assigned to various stations throughout the MBTA rail system. They serve as the face and the in‐station representative of the MBTA and their primary function is to stay visible WHILE MAKING PEOPLE’S DAY AND KEEPING RIDERS SAFE! CUSTOMER SERVICE NINJA'S!
Qualified Candidates will have:
A high level of emotional intelligence and emotional maturity to deal with the general public and all of the issues that comes with that task!
Two years of continuous hospitality and customer service experience, ideally in a supervisory role. Our Transit Ambassadors ACTIVELY ENGAGE with riders through their entire shift. That means that we go out of our way to say “Hello and Have a great day!” You will be expected to have great communication skills, flexibility and will know what hospitality and responsibility are.
Candidates should be prepared to work in varied conditions. Most stations are enclosed, but some have open-air and immediate access to the outdoor. It gets hot and it gets cold.
- Being Visible and Engaging– the Transit Ambassador will be highly visible in the specified areas, most commonly stations entrances and exits to maximize engagement with riders. Transit Ambassadors will continually offer a greeting to the public. Transit Ambassadors will speak up and proactively offer assistance to those persons who appear to need assistance with navigation with how to navigate the MBTA transit system and offer directions to destinations or instructions on fare payment/ticket use. Transit Ambassadors assist persons with disabilities by assisting in the deployment of the bridge plate for wheelchairs or other mobility devices.
Taking Ownership in Assigned Stations– Transit Ambassadors will most often be the only MBTA representative in their assigned stations and will take complete ownership of all aspects of the station happenings during their shift. This will involve:
- Patrolling the platform every 15 to 30 minutes to:
- Note any newly found maintenance abnormalities
- Pick up isolated pieces of litter in the station with a grabber and bag
- Identify any unacceptable behaviors or abnormalities and address or report as appropriate. These might include:
- Disorderly conduct
- Unsheltered and Unhoused Persons sleeping in the stations
- Persons acting erratically
- Any situation deemed to be unsafe to individuals, other riders or the normal operations of the trains
- Respond to emergency situations following outlined protocol: We are frontline responders...we are the folks who sound the alarm for the transit police.
- Activity Reporting–all activities will be reported through usage of a smart device on station IPad
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 per hour
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Referral Program
- Retirement Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
We use masks and gloves to keep everyone safe in the stations. Our Transit Ambassadors health and happiness is of utmost importance during this time as was always.
- customer service: 2 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- You’ll work with highly skilled operators and program managers that have one goal in common, customer service!
The adopted attitude is that as smile can change the world. You’ll work along side a team of problem-solving customer service ninja’s called Transit Ambassadors to become advocates of friendliness. Why do you want to become a Transit Ambassador and what do you bring to this job that we couldn't find elsewhere?
- Store Discounts
- Other forms
- One location
Communication method(s) used:
- In person
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- Holidays required
- Day shift
- Night shift
- 8 hour shift
- Waiting period may apply
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on erokko-club.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.