Front Desk Representative Fondren Orthopedic Group LLP Houston
Short Description :Patients and working with them in person, on the phone or through electronic correspondence, checking patients in and updating patient information Front Desk Representative This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, ,…
Full Description :
Title: Front Desk Representative
The Front Desk Representative is responsible for greeting patients and working with them in person, on the phone or through electronic correspondence, checking patients in and updating patient information. Verifies and analyzes insurance coverage plan for patients upon referral/admission. Communicates plan information to appropriate parties. Provide accurate and complete data input for precertification requests, and ongoing authorizations. Checks patients out and charges appropriate amount for copay or deductible based on procedure and insurance coverage.
The specific responsibilities of the Patient Representative encompass but are not limited to the following:
· Explains and assists with the registration forms to patients and their families
· Maintains patient data up-to-date and verify patient information
· Completes verification of insurance benefits and obtain referrals for office visits
· Works under the guidance of Supervisor and follow departmental policies and procedures
· Responds to patient queries and concerns in a professional manner
· Stays updated with information regarding insurance programs
· Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and ability to work in an autonomous and independent manner
· Ability to apply knowledge of office procedures and carry out tasks accordingly
· Must be flexible, organized, and function well under pressure
· Bi-lingual English/Spanish is a plus
· Excellent organizational and analytical skills
· Knowledge of HIPAA requirements
Minimum education and work experience requirement:
- Minimum of a High School Diploma; 1 - 2 years of experience in customer service, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous experience in a medical practice desired
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bending or standing on a stool as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, between the hours of 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Specific work schedule will be determined by the department manager.
No travel is expected for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
To keep our front desk personnel safe, all employees and patients are required to wear a mask. Gloves and hand sanitizer may also be provided as needed.
- Front Desk: 1 year (Required)
- medical office: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Spanish (Preferred)
Communication method(s) used:
This Job Is:
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on erokko-club.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.