Police Major City of Richmond, VA Richmond
Short Description :Record Bachelors Degree in law enforcement, criminal justice, homeland security, or related field, or combination of training, specialized certifications and/or experience equivalent to four years of higher education The job requires normal visual acuity, field of vision, hearing, ,…
Full Description :
The Richmond City Police Department is seeking a progressive, results-oriented Police Executive to lead a dynamic high-performance division as a Police Major.
The ideal candidate will have a strong community based policing background with demonstrable success in building relationships grounded in mutual respect, transparency, and trust.
As a member of the Senior Command Staff, this inclusive leader will have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively collaborate with all levels of staff, elected officials and community members. Committed to excellence and exhibiting the highest level of accountability, this individual will have substantial experience creating, initiating, and overseeing successful community policing and crime prevention strategies while achieving optimal outcomes. This position requires excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, ensuring that audiences are provided honest, tactful, and accurate information in a timely manner. Advanced knowledge of police technology and a firm commitment to constitutional policing is also a must.
Salary range is $84,670 to $135,250 annually. Candidates interested in applying for this position must submit a completed application via the City’s electronic application system, www.richmondgov.com
The recruitment period for the position will begin Sunday, August 2, 2020, and end on Sunday, August 9, 2020, at 11:59 pm.
(Chief of Police) Duties include but are not limited to
- Supervising and coordinating the activities of several divisions of the Police Department;
- Supervising all staff and service functions of the department;
- Making routine investigations and inspections to determine the quality and quantity of supervision in all districts and divisions;
- Investigating complaints and charges against members of the department;
- Serving as a liaison officer between the Police Department and all other departments and divisions; and
- Serving as an advisor to the Chief and performing other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Considerable knowledge of community policing and crime prevention strategies. Considerable knowledge of state and federal criminal codes. Considerable knowledge of creating policies, budgets, and public safety strategies.
Considerable skills with communicating with various internal and external departments and coordinating the operations of several Police divisions. Considerable skills with evaluating personnel and investigating personnel issues that occur within departments, precincts, or teams of focus to include sworn law enforcement investigation.Strong ability to problem solve, make interpretive decisions on behalf of the organization, and make sound decisions during critical incidents and high-stress situations.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in law enforcement, criminal justice, homeland security, or related field, or combination of training, specialized certifications and/or experience equivalent to four years of higher education
- Obtainment of the level of Lieutenant or above
- An overall performance rating of at least satisfactory/meets expectations for the performance evaluation period immediately preceding the promotional announcement
- An equivalent combination of training and experience (as approved by the department) may be used to meet the minimum qualifications of the classification
- US citizenship
- A valid Driver's License with a satisfactory driving record
- A valid Commonwealth of Virginia Driver's License with a satisfactory driving record within 30 days of hire
- No more than six (6) days of suspension within the previous 24 months
- No substantiated incidents of excessive force within the previous 24 months
- No arrests for a criminal offense within the previous 24 months unless found "not guilty" in a Court of Law
Americans with Disabilities Act Requirements
PHYSICAL AND DEXTERITY REQUIREMENTS: Physical and dexterity refers to the requirement for physical exertion and coordination of limb and body movement. Requires sedentary work that involves walking or standing some of the time and involves exerting up to 10 pounds of force on a regular and recurring basis and routine keyboard operations.
ENVIRONMENTAL HAZARDS: Environmental hazards refer to the job conditions that may lead to injury or health hazards even though precautions have been taken. The job may risk exposure to bright/dim light, dusts and pollen, extreme heat and/or cold, wet or humid conditions, extreme noise levels, fumes and/or noxious odors, traffic, moving machinery, electrical shock, or toxic/caustic chemicals.
SENSORY REQUIREMENTS: Sensory ability refers to hearing, sight, touch, taste, and smell required by the job. The job requires normal visual acuity, field of vision, hearing, speaking, color perception, and depth perception.
ADA COMPLIANCE The City of Richmond, Virginia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ADA requires the City to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Prospective and current employees are invited to discuss accommodations.
With over 4,000 employees, the City of Richmond is an "Employer of Choice" among cities throughout the nation. The City strives to hire and retain employees who bring dedication and talent to the workforce. Offering a competitive, cost effective, and quality benefits package is one element of an "Employer of Choice". The City has also recently added twenty (20) year retirement plan with attractive deferred compensation program.
The City offers a full range of benefit programs from initial hire through retirement. Please visit our Web site for details.
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on erokko-club.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.