Director Of Worship Arts Shiloh Bible Church Bloomsburg
Short Description :Ministry, Pastors, and Directors to develop their worship programming experiences Recruit, equip, and develop new musicians, anticipating future needs Bachelor of Arts in Worship Degree preferred Oversee the technical aspects ,…
Full Description :
Job Summary: is seeking a Director of Worship Arts. The candidate needs to value and to lead both a contemporary praise team and worship service, as well as a traditional worship service. Also, the candidate will oversee the development of a third, blended style worship service. The candidate should be able to play guitar and/or piano. The candidate will work with the Board of Evangelism to help fulfill the Great Commission.
Job Status: Full time (minimum of 40 hours per week)
Accountability: Reports to the Executive Pastor
- Must provide a clear testimony of faith alone in Christ alone as Savior.
- Must be in agreement with the doctrinal position of .
- Bachelor of Arts in Worship Degree preferred.
- Basic knowledge and appreciation of various styles of church music.
- Experience preferred.
- Exemplary vocal and instrumental musicianship and proficiency required to play and sing in rehearsal and worship.
- A servant’s heart and spirit which fosters a desire to serve God’s Church through music, arts, and outreach.
- A desire to lead and to grow a dedicated team of audio/visual volunteers, musicians, and vocalists.
- Familiarity with all facets of Multimedia Ministries, including sound reinforcement, production lighting, and video production a plus.
Weekly Planning and Preparation
- Create order of worship for all three services.
- Choose music along with the Senior Teaching Pastor to complement the weekly sermon.
- Create and coordinate the schedules of musicians, sound techs, and audio/visual techs for practices and all three services.
- Create and coordinate special music, special announcements, communion, and accompaniment as a part of order of worship.
- Direct all weekly activities and rehearsals as necessary.
- Create Easy Worship queues for services, including lyrics, Scripture passages, series graphics, and include rolling PowerPoint announcements.
- Email weekly set list, music, and keys with rehearsal notes and arrangement descriptions to the scheduled musicians a week before the service.
- Hold weekly practices. (Sunday morning or a weeknight when the worship center is available.)
- Prepare stage for practice and service each week, including microphones, in-ears, music, and set list.
- Lead congregation in worship through song in all three services.
- Oversee and lead Audio/Visual Team for all three services.
- Lead Sunday morning prayer with musicians, sound team, and presentation team.
- Oversee the technical aspects of worship (sounds, lights, media, staging).
- Create an inviting, worshipful atmosphere, where people can encounter God.
- Regularly disciple, train, equip, implement, and plan with worship volunteers.
- Recruit, equip, and develop new musicians, anticipating future needs.
- Maintain, repair, and replace sound equipment for gatherings and rehearsal, as needed.
- Manage annual budget for worship arts.
- Set annual goals for the worship ministry that are in line with the church’s vision and evaluate regularly how goals have been attained and modify as needed.
- Develop relationships with the current and existing worship teams by creating a community of love for God and for one another.
- Lead and coordinate worship in the blended service.
- Work in conjunction with the staff to coordinate the audio/visual portion of special events at Shiloh.
- Help to coordinate and to create weekly video announcements for all three services.
- Oversee and be responsible for maintaining audio/visual equipment and instruments in all three services.
- Oversee drama in the church, including Last Supper reenactment and skits.
- Adapt to change and the shifting of responsibilities as growth and ministry develop, based on the skill set.
- Work closely with the Children and Student Ministry, Pastors, and Directors to develop their worship programming experiences.
- Possess a heart of service and willing spirit to serve others.
- Invest in relationships with other staff/leaders, being a supportive team member.
- Create arts and worship events to draw the community to Shiloh.
- Create an itemized list of equipment along with a schedule for maintenance.
- Lead hymns in the traditional service.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of new worship experiences.
Primary Strengths Required:
Shiloh is looking for a candidate who shows exemplary Christian character and who walks in communion with Jesus, fights the good fight of faith, and makes disciples.
- Faithful, dependable, and approachable.
- Desires to draw believers closer to Christ and to reach the lost for Christ.
- Passionately committed to Shiloh’s vision and philosophy of ministry.
- Responsible, organized, and prepared.
- Servant-hearted, leading for the sake of others, especially those who do not know Jesus.
- Energized by a posture/approach to worship that is both spirit and truth.
- Team Player, enjoying collaborating with others, eager for constructive/gracious feedback.
- Thinks about others above self.
- Appreciates the history and differences of worship styles.
- $35,000-$40,000/year based on experience
- Retirement—3.0% matching contribution
- Life Insurance
- Leave Policy
- Continuing Education
- Health Package
123 Church Street
Bloomsburg, PA 17815
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on erokko-club.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.