Dispatcher UPMC Pittsburgh
Short Description :Medical transportation, for verifying that the patient meets medical criteria for a BLS/ALS ambulance, for suggesting alternate levels of transport, to include stretcher van or wheelchair van when an ambulance is not appropriate and for notifying the individual requesting the ,…
Full Description :
The hours for this position are Wednesday through Saturday from 9:30 am to 8 pm. *Hours are subject to change based on business needs.
- Maintains and knowledge of local EMS systems and geography for Western Pennsylvania, Eastern Ohio and Northern West Virginia. Uses available resources and follows directions of management in the selection and scheduling of appropriate services.
- Utilizes prescribed Patient Ambassador Certificate (PAC) behaviors during interactions with callers. These include recommended greetings and closings; appropriate fact finding to determine needs and the ability to control and manage the interaction with the caller.
- Schedule transportation services for Hospital Transport Team as well as maintain knowledge and display the ability to follow Hospital protocols for trauma patients arriving via EMS agencies.
- Coordinates non-emergency medical transports utilizing both ECIN and manual processes; verifies appropriate insurance coverage as required and documents all transports according to protocol.
- Collect and provide data for the use of suppliers or customers as required by management.
- Demonstrates interpersonal and organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize transports according to protocols, which nurture relationships with both internal and external customers.
- High School graduate or GED required.
- Prior experience in a service industry and dispatch experience preferred.
- Knowledge and skill in using standard PC applications to include Microsoft office request.
- EMT or First Responder experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills are essential.
- The ability to work independently and be accountable is required as is good judgment in the use of supervision.
- Ability to be flexible, to manage multiple clinical demands at any one time and to work in a fast paced and at times highly stressful environment is essential.
- Ability to establish priorities, meet deadlines, and effectively manage the work assignment is needed.
- Ability to form effective, positive and collaborative relationships with the multi-disciplinary team and community representatives is critical.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times is required.
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance at all times is essential.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Salary Range: $15.12 to $23.73 / hour
Union Position: No
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on erokko-club.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.