FTT Production Support Specialist (MFG3) Hallmark Lawrenceposted by admin on December 03, 2020
Short Description :With all Federal, State, and Local regulations Must pass certification to operate power lift equipment and skid inverting machine Be certified to operate power lift equipment and skid inverting machine Prepares greeting ,…
Full Description :
Job Band / Grade: MFG3.NE
Number of Openings: 10
The Full-time Temporary (FTT) Production Support Specialist position reports through the Lawrence Production Center and may be in several departments. Individuals in these departments have a variety of duties that support the production departments in various ways.
There are full-time temporary openings on all shifts.
- 3rd shift (11:30 pm –8:00 am), Sunday night through Friday morning
- 2nd shift (3:30 pm12:00 am), Monday through Friday
The FTT Production Support Specialist in Lawrence has a variety of duties that support production in numerous ways. Prepares greeting card stock for the Cutter to cut. Jogs, skids and moves stock to the cutter. Carries stock to skids and moves finished skids into the outgoing area. Responsible for complete make-ready, run, monitoring and maintenance. Removes die cut cards from full sheets either using a hammer or by using an Automatic Card Extractor (ACE). Performs make-readies on the ACE and prepares rails/bars and press set-up. Responsible for quality sampling and stacking cards onto skids according to register, blockouts, salvage and spoilage. Determines when adhesive will be mixed and when test will be performed on the mixture. Responsible for ensuring that the ingredients are in the area for mixing the adhesive. Assists the Webtron press operator with press set up and changeover, make-readies, machine adjustments and routine preventative maintenance procedures. Responsible for supporting the production areas by ordering the correct stock, moving components in and out of the areas, inputting information on the computer system, and maintaining a clean, safe, work environment.
Positively participates in performance dialogues and other team problem-solving activities. Sets up and operates a Gem/Cello machine, wholesale sealer, accumulator and shrink tunnel which shrinks poly film around wholesale unit of specialty items and/or operates a lift truck and keeps track of stock in the OAI. Performs all paperwork assigned involved in moving stock, either into or out of the department. Packs finished goods on a packaging line. Identifies potential problems, and shows willingness to proactively work on problem resolution and alternative solutions to traditional methods of operation. Flexibility is key as the incumbent will be expected to move to different work assignments as needed.
Position may be in several departments and incumbent will be expected to learn and perform multiple assignments within this job classification.
In this position you will:
- Perform make-ready duties on the Gem/Cello machines, ACE press and Webtron presses. Set up wholesale sealer and pack product into shipping containers. Mix adhesives and assure the proper ingredients and quantities are available in the area.
- Execute Quality System including preflight, sampling plan and the removal of salvage/spoilage. Perform quality and/or adhesive test and report results in a timely manner. Plan and maintain the workflow through the department in accordance with work schedule. Order and deliver stock, cartons, and other components needed for production to the work area.
- Achieve and continually improve specified production including production goals, throughput, etc. during training. Participate in performance dialogues and team problem-solving activities. .
- Complete regular press maintenance and cleaning, including TPM’s. Move skids of stock into and away from the press, including completion of related paperwork. Transport and handle hazardous waste material in accordance with all Federal, State, and Local regulations. Be certified to operate power lift equipment and skid inverting machine.
- Demonstrate the flexibility and teamwork to positively influence how goals are accomplished within shorter periods of time. Effectively communicate information to the next shift to ensure consistency and continuous operation.
- Utilize good safety practices.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: You must show how you meet basic qualifications (listed below) in a resume or document you upload, or by completing the work experience and education application fields. Accepted file types are Microsoft Word (DOC or DOCX), PDF, HTML, or TXT.
You must address how you meet the basic qualifications of the job in a resume or document you upload, or by completing the work experience and education application fields. In order to be considered for this position:
In compliance with the Immigration Control and Reform Act of 1986, Cards, Inc. and its subsidiary companies will hire only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. does not generally provide sponsorship for employment. Employment by is contingent upon the signing of the Employment Agreement, completing Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification, passing the urinalysis drug screen, education verification and satisfactory reference and background checks.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Ability to grip and push/pull lifts of stock 2”-3.5” thick, 80-120 times per hour
- Ability to lift 20-30 lb stacks of stock, 60-80 times per hour, with frequent lifting throughout the shift of 40-60 lbs
- Ability to constantly stand, walk, twist, bend, and reach at/above shoulder level
- Ability to constantly perform repetitive hand/wrist motions and fine motor skills
- Basic math, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to organize and set-up work area and reorganize as priorities change. Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to understand the computer and ordering systems and successfully operate both systems
- Ability to understand and follow established safety procedures and transport hazardous waste material in accordance with all Federal, State, and Local regulations
- Ability to accept other duties as assigned
- Ability to learn and retain knowledge
- Ability to work in a team environment and be able to contribute positively during problem solving sessions
- Must pass certification to operate power lift equipment and skid inverting machine.
- Work overtime as required during peak seasons
- This is a climate-controlled manufacturing environment with normal physical injury hazard.
- There is some noise and hearing protection is required by .
This position is located in Lawrence, Kansas. Relocation is not provided.
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
At , we help people feel connected to what matters. That’s true of our employees, just as it is our consumers. Providing benefits that support the lives and wellbeing of ers is among the most important investments the company makes. benefits are designed to give you choices. Wherever you are in life, we want you to find the benefits that are right for you and your loved ones. Explore the Benefits Guide to learn more. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally-protected status. Principals only please.
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on erokko-club.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.