Inventory Control Sepcialist - Harrisburg, PA; 5am Start (Mon UNFI Harrisburg
Short Description :Both with coworkers and over the telephone with outside and company personnel VEVRAA Federal Contractor This is the entry level position in the inventory control job family Perform inbound, outbound, and ,…
Full Description :
Monday – Friday
Process Responsible for learning the following tasks and responsibilities in maintaining inventory integrity throughout the Distribution Center. This is the entry level position in the inventory control job family.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Learn the procedures involved in researching warehouse outs and performing necessary corrective action on a daily basis. Assist warehouse in researching slot audit labels daily and taking corrective actions.
- Assist in the review and coordinate daily perpetual inventory adjustments with inventory Control Coordinator.
- Perform daily and weekly inventory counts as directed by supervisor. Cycle counting is a two part process; We maintain a physical and a financial inventory.
- Perform inbound, outbound, and replenishment audits as instructed by supervisor. Take corrective action as necessary.
- Reconcile store returns with store return documents and make necessary adjustments. Prepare vendor returns for pickup, verifying items and case counts.
- Assist with proper handling of damaged and spoiled merchandise daily. Physically relocate merchandise as necessary to correct inventory problems.
- Work with buying and warehouse personnel on short coded product, shipped memos, etc., on a daily basis to ensure correct shipping, billing, etc.
- Process all vendor returns, recalls, DC Transfers, new item and seasonal slotting.
- Some knowledge and experience, preferably in both mechanized and conventional warehousing, in picking and storage operations in dry grocery and perishable areas.
- Knowledge of warehouse slotting system is preferred.
- Possess good oral and written communication skills, both with co-workers and over the telephone with outside and company personnel.
- Possess good math skills, data entry skills and analytical aptitude. Position requires use of calculators, personal computers, telephones and other office equipment.
- Some work is performed under general office conditions in a temperature controlled environment. Incumbent may sit for long periods of time at a desk or computer terminal. During the majority of the workday the incumbent will be moving about the Distribution Center floor with a temperature range from -20 to 95 degrees F.
- Incumbent will also break down loads and lift between 20-60 lb. on a daily basis. Potential hazards exist in regard to machinery such as forklifts, pallet jacks, mechanized systems, movement of tractors and trailers, etc.
- High School Diploma or GED.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all.M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
- Schedule: Full-time
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on erokko-club.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.