Public Information Officer Marion County Sheriff's Office Ocala
Short Description :Good driving record Design, as needed, brochures, displays and other promotional materials, maintaining continuity of both design and message Prefer at least two years work experience in Public Information or AA or AS Degree in related field Ability to prepare graphic ,…
Full Description :
PLEASE FOLLOW THIS LINK TO APPLY:
BRIEF DESCRIPTION: This is a specialized position responsible for notifying the media of developing situations and assisting media representatives at crime scenes. Duties include conducting interviews with radio, print, and television representatives, as well as arranging interviews between supervisors and media representatives as necessary. The Public Information Officer is responsible for composing and distributing press releases whenever newsworthy situations arise, and assists in the development of promotional materials, displays, informational videos and PSA's.
A. Conduct interviews with radio, print and television representatives, as well as arrange interviews between supervisors and media representatives as necessary.
B. Notify the media of developing situations and assist media representatives at crime scenes.
C. Compose and distribute press releases whenever newsworthy situations arise.
D. Apprise appropriate supervisors of developments in the media that could adversely affect the image of the Agency.
E. Evaluate and comply with public records requests.
F. Design, as needed, brochures, displays and other promotional materials, maintaining continuity of both design and message.
G. Coordinate updates to the Agency Web site.
H. Assist in the in-house production of informational videos and PSA's.
I. Be available on a 24-hour basis, either by phone or by way of the pager system.
J. Represent the Sheriff, if requested, at various civic or business functions.
K. Perform any additional duties that may be required by the Sheriff or through necessity of situations.
- Prefer at least two years work experience in Public Information or AA or AS Degree in related field.
- Possession of a valid Florida Driver's License, with a good driving record.
- Above average English grammar and communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work cooperatively with general public, government, or business leaders and other Agency personnel, and to develop effective working relations with news media representatives.
- Ability to react quickly and calmly under emergency situations.
- Must be able to conduct stand up TV interviews as well as coordinate media events as necessary.
- Ability to cope with situations firmly, courteously and tactfully, with respect to rights of others.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Software to include PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Must be proficient with video and graphic editing software to include Final Cut Pro, Photoshop and After Effects.
- Must be familiar with Digital Video recording, editing and encoding for internet and presentation use.
- Ability to prepare graphic design materials including digital photography and video presentations.
- Ability to prepare brochures and flyers and incorporate photos and graphics into such projects.
- Ability to maintain the existing website.
- Ability to work as a member of a team or on an individual basis.
- Must be able to effectively manage time and pursue appropriate work opportunities with minimal supervision.
Physical and dexterity requirements: Most tasks require the ability to sit at a desk and view a display screen for extended periods of time, the ability to lift, carry, push or pull items up to 25 Ibs., the ability to stand and to walk for short periods of time, and the ability to bend and to kneel.
Environmental hazards: The job risks exposure to bright/dim light, temperature variations and odors.
Sensory Requirements: The job requires normal acuity and field of vision, hearing, speaking, color perception and depth perception.
The Marion County Sheriff's Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ADA requires the Sheriff's Office to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Prospective and current employees are invited to discuss accommodations.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $51,866.32 per year
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- Excel: 1 year (Preferred)
- Final Cut Pro: 1 year (Preferred)
- Clean Driving Record: 1 year (Preferred)
- Associate (Preferred)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Weekends required
- Holidays required
- Day shift
- Night shift
- 12 hour shift
- On call
- Overnight shift
- Only full-time employees eligible
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on erokko-club.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.