Cook CommuniCares Healthcare Campus at Salem Salem
Short Description :One of the nations largest providers of postacute care, which includes skilled nursing rehabilitation centers, longterm care centers, assisted living communities, independent rehabilitation centers, and longterm acute care hospitals LTACH Technical training and prior food ,…
Full Description :
CommuniCares Healthcare Campus at Salem, a member of the CommuniCare Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Cook to join our team.
The position of Cook exists to provide routine support in the Culinary Department. This position must work effectively with team members in ensuring that work is accomplished in a timely, effective, and safe manner. The position must also manage the resources that are available to them in their job.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform all aspects of food preparation and serving for residents as required.
- Manage all functions of culinary preparation, execution, and serving according to established menus and recipes.
- Maintain established meal times by having all items prepared on time.
- Maintain all necessary records and documentation.
- Label, date, cover, and store all food items properly.
- Control food and material waste.
- Have knowledge of and ensure compliance with all sanitary and food preparation procedures.
- Record refrigerator and freezer temperatures and take corrective action if temperatures are incorrect.
- Clean and monitor all kitchen and food preparation equipment to ensure proper working order and quality.
- Ensure proper food preparation accuracy, timeliness, presentation, and temperatures for all food items.
- Assist Culinary Director in assigned duties related to kitchen operations.
- Create a clean, comfortable, and safe environment and ensure that the highest quality of nutritional care is delivered.
- Maintain and work within established departmental, center, and corporate policies and procedures, objectives, quality improvement program, and safety, environmental, and infection control standards.
- Attend and participate in scheduled training, educational classes, and orientation programs to maintain and enhance quality of care.
- Perform other related activities as assigned or requested.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High school graduate or G. E. D. equivalent.
- Technical training and prior food service experience, preferably in a healthcare environment.
- Must be ServSafe certified.
As a CommuniCare employee you will enjoy competitive wages and PTO plans. We offer full time employees a menu of benefit options from life and disability plans to medical, dental, and vision coverage from quality benefit carriers. We also offer 401(k) with employer match and Flexible Spending Accounts.
A family-owned company, we have grown to become one of the nation’s largest providers of post-acute care, which includes skilled nursing rehabilitation centers, long-term care centers, assisted living communities, independent rehabilitation centers, and long-term acute care hospitals (LTACH). Since 1984, we have provided superior, comprehensive management services for the development and management of adult living communities. We have a single job description at CommuniCare, "to reach out with our hearts and touch the hearts of others." Through this effort we create "Caring Communities" where staff, residents, clients, and family members care for and about one another.
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on erokko-club.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.