Production Worker Versability Resources Inc Hampton
Short Description :During daily business Ability to operate basic hand tools Thinks carefully about the likely effects on others of ones words, actions, appearance, and mode of behavior An industrial production setting under a variety of conditions including an ,…
Full Description :
Job Title: Production Worker
Functional Job Title: Production Worker/Laborer/Paper Scanner
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Unit Manager
EEO Code(s): 7/51-1011/7700
Job No.: 55507000
Responsible for performing production work in various working environments. Sorts, operates, scans, tends, starts, stops, and/or cleans machines. Assembles or disassembles component pieces of a variety of items manufactured or de-manufactured at work sites. Organizes work. Assures high quality and high quantity work.
- Starts and stops equipment
- Assists with production line
- Cleans production area
- Sweeps, mops and removes debris as needed and/or as directed
- Loads and unloads items from machines, carts and dollies
- Feeds or places items onto equipment for processing
- Lubricates equipment when directed
- Measures, pours and mixes ingredients when directed
- Ensures conformance to specifications
- Turns valves or other devices when directed
- Pulls damaged items from production when necessary
- Marks parts for identification when necessary
- Places items on production line for further processing
- Removes product and machine attachments
- Assembles and disassembles items at established rates
- Sorts and categorizes items per established types and rates
- Monitors materials flowing through the production process
- Prepares items for shipping and transport
- Communicates appropriately with customers, contractors, and company representatives during daily business
- Takes instructions from supervision and acts accordingly
- All other duties as directed.
Qualifications/Skills Knowledge & Abilities:
The following are required with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Ability to interact with others
- Ability to communicate
- Ability to complete tasks and responsibilities at established rates
- Ability to discern colors, shapes, sizes and materials to sort products
- Ability to operate basic hand tools
- Ability to operate basic power tools
- Ability to stand for extended periods
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to understand and follow all safety guidelines
High School Diploma, G.E.D., or equivalent
Some prior work experience in manufacturing or production environment preferred, but not necessary
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Accountability: Exhibits a willingness to accept responsibility and be held accountable for actions
- Attention to Detail: Achieves thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task through
- Collaboration: Works with others to produce mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Initiative: Does more than is required or expected in the job. Goes beyond expectations in the assignment, task, or job description without being asked.
- Communication: Communicates effectively in all forms
- Professionalism: Thinks carefully about the likely effects on others of one’s words, actions, appearance, and mode of behavior.
- Quality: Produces results or provides service that meets or exceeds company standards.
- Reliability: Demonstrates a high level of dependability in all aspects of the job.
- Customer Focus: Knowing the (internal and external) customer business needs and acting accordingly; anticipating customer needs, and giving high priority to customer satisfaction and customer service.
- Teamwork: Working as a productive member of a cohesive group toward a common goal, and contributing to team development and effective team dynamics.
The incumbent may work in a variety of settings including, but not limited to; an industrial production setting under a variety of conditions including an office environment, and industrial production facility, warehouse, and outdoors. The work requires some physical exertion such as long periods of standing; walking over rough, uneven, or rocky surfaces; recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities; recurring lifting of moderately heavy items such as personal computers and record boxes. The work may require specific, but common, physical characteristics and abilities such as above average agility and dexterity. Must be able to lift at up to 50 lbs., bend through a full range of motion, and stand for extended periods of time.
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on erokko-club.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.