Assembly Team Member American Outdoor Brands Corporation Springfield
Short Description :May be exposed to manufacturing noise, airborne liquid chemicals, fine particulate dust, ambient temperatures, and industrial lighting May be exposed to excessive noise, temperatures, hazards associated with working around moving machinery, work in confined quarters, exposure to vibrations ,…
Full Description :
Work as a member of an assembly team, performing a sequence of operations to ensure that quality firearms are produced and meet customer demand.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assembling various subcomponents used in firing mechanisms and firearm accessories
- Utilizing small machines and hand tools to accomplish tasks
- Performing quality checks using hard gages, comparators, and other specialized equipment
- Monitoring gage calibration
- Performing each assembly process to Takt time following a standardized process
- Identifying and disposing of non-conforming parts in an appropriate manner
- Performing routine line/range repairs that may include firearm disassembly and/or replacing suspect parts using a standardized process
- Maintaining single-piece flow
- Maintaining a clean work space
- Following Lean initiatives and participating in continuous improvement activities
- Performing serial number audits/counts as required
- Delivering firearm components to point of use following a standardized procedure
- Using a pallet jack to move material within/between departments if needed
- Cleaning, wrapping, and packaging firearms in compliance with all ATF regulations
- Completing paperwork to track business metrics
- Cleaning, organizing, mopping, and sweeping work area as needed
Education and Experience:
- High School/GED and/or prior experience working in a manufacturing environment preferred
Competencies and Skills:
- Must have working command of the English language
- Must be able to read, write and interpret the English language
- Must be able to communicate in English verbally and in writing (basic verbal instructions, simple written memos and instructions)
- Basic computer skills preferred
- Manual dexterity is required to perform job tasks
- Capable of squatting, standing in place, reaching, pushing, pulling, and lifting 30 lbs.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to stand for the entire 8 hour shift
Work Environment and Personal Protective Equipment:
Within the Smith & Wesson manufacturing facility, employees may be exposed to manufacturing noise, airborne liquid chemicals, fine particulate dust, ambient temperatures, and industrial lighting. Work environment is similar to most manufacturing operations. May be exposed to excessive noise, temperatures, hazards associated with working around moving machinery, work in confined quarters, exposure to vibrations and shop lighting, continuous exposure to hot temperatures, may be humid, odors, dust, continuous exposure to mechanical hazards, and occasional exposure to chemical hazards.
The following Personal Protective Equipment is required:
Safety glasses with side shields and hearing protection required when on manufacturing floor.
The use of additional personal protective equipment (PPE) may be required when a job task(s) is being completed in or around your assigned department or in another department, this includes safety eyewear, hearing protection, and safety footwear.
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on erokko-club.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.