Human Resources Specialist US Other Agencies and Independent Organizations Atlanta
Short Description :Technical specialist, providing advice and staff assistance for assigned program areas Conducting position evaluations, determining recruitment strategies, posting vacancy announcements, reviewing applications and conducting qualifications analysis Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you ,…
Full Description :
- Job family (Series)
0201 Human Resources ManagementSimilar jobs
- Generalists, Human Resources
- Human Resources Generalists
- Human Resources Specialists
- Specialists, Human Resources
RequirementsRequirements Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- This is a Drug Testing position.
- Background investigation leading to a clearance is required for new hires.
You must meet the qualifications for this position by no later than 30 calendar days after the closing date of this announcement and before placement in the position.Qualifications
In order to qualify for this position, you must have at least one year of specialized experience at the next lower grade level in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience includes experience that demonstrates knowledge, skills and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position, and is typically in, or directly related to Human Resources work. This experience must demonstrate thorough knowledge of Federal human resources regulations, policies, practices and procedures and experience in conducting human resources advisory services to management and employees.
A description of how you possess the specialized experience as well as how you meet the qualifications desired in an ideal candidate should be addressed in your resume.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience:
1. Expert knowledge of Federal, civilian human resources management regulations, policies, practices and procedures to perform a variety of assignments in the areas of recruitment and staffing, position evaluation, performance management, labor and employee relations and benefits administration including retirement.
2. Skill in applying complex fact-finding, analytical and problem solving methods and techniques on a variety of human resources issues in the areas of merit staffing, recruitment, position classification, pay setting, employee benefits and position management.
3. Demonstrated skill with computer-based software applications sufficient to operate and maintain automated human resources data systems.
4. Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with management and staff, coworkers, and personnel of other government agencies.
5. Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing and ability to deal tactfully, efficiently, and professionally with all levels of personnel.Education Additional information
- Individuals who are eligible for non-competitive appointment under an OPM special appointing authority may apply for consideration under a comparable NRC non-competitive appointing authority.
- The NRC provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please notify the Disability Program Coordinator at (301) 415-2294. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
- Selectees will be required to complete a "Declaration of Federal Employment", (OF-306), prior to being appointed to determine their suitability for Federal employment and to authorize a background investigation.
- False statements or responses on your resume or questionnaire can jeopardize your employment opportunity and subject you to disciplinary action, including removal from Federal service.
- A transferable security clearance from another agency or a background investigation leading to a clearance is required for all new hires. To begin work at the NRC without a security clearance, you must be granted a temporary waiver of the required clearance, referred to as a 145(b) waiver. To be eligible for a 145 (b) waiver you need favorable education verification, and reference, credit, and criminal history checks. If a wavier is granted, the successful completion of a background investigation and favorable adjudication is required for continued employment. If you have resided outside the U.S. for an extended period of time, the agency may not be able to (1) grant the 145(b) waiver where the required investigation cannot be completed in a timely manner, or (2) achieve timely completion of the background investigation required for a security clearance.
- The NRC is a zero tolerance agency with respect to illegal drug use. Individuals selected for this position will be subject to pre-appointment drug testing unless currently in a NRC position subject to random drug testing AND will be subject to random drug testing upon appointment to the NRC.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
When the application process is complete, your application will be reviewed to determine if you meet the job requirements. You will be rated based on the information provided in your resume and responses to any applicable questions to determine your level of knowledge, skill and ability related to the job requirements. If you are among the top candidates for this position, your application will be referred to the hiring manager. Your resume is the key means we have for evaluating your skills, knowledge, and abilities as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to submit a thorough resume that directly relates to this position.Background checks and security clearance Security clearance
To preview questions please click here.
L Access AuthorizationDrug test required
Required DocumentsRequired Documents
List of supplemental material that may be applicable:
- If you are a NRC employee you are required to submit your most recent Rating of Record (Performance Appraisal) or a statement saying that one is not available.
- If you are a current/reinstatement eligible Federal employee with status (Tenure Group 1 or 2), you will be considered under our merit promotion procedures and must submit a copy of your most recent SF-50 (Notification of Personnel Action) to verify competitive status or reinstatement eligibility.
- If you are a Veteran claiming 5-point Veterans' Preference, you must submit a copy of your DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, or other proof of eligibility.
- If you are a Veteran claiming 10-point Veterans' Preference, you must submit a SF-15, Application for 10-point Veterans' Preference, plus the proof required by that form. You can find additional information about Veterans' Preference at http://www.fedshirevets.gov/.
All supplemental documents will now be collected electronically and should be submitted before the closing date of this vacancy announcement. You have three choices for submitting your supplemental documents:
1. Use the "USAJOBs" feature to download documents from your USAJOBs portfolio; or
2. Use the "Upload" feature to upload documents directly from your computer. The following types of documents can be uploaded: .gif, .jpeg, .png, .rtf, .pfg, and .doc; or
3. Use the "Fax" feature to print the Fax Cover Sheet and fax it, along with your supplemental documents to 1-571-258-4052
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
This position is located in:
Division of Resource Management and Administration
Human Resources and Information Management Branch
Supervisor: Gloria B. Reeves
This is a non-bargaining unit position.
This position requires minimal travel. Expenses associated with interview and/or relocation associated with job offer will be paid.Responsibilities
As a senior Human Resources (HR) Specialist, you will serve as a generalist in a regional office of the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, an excepted service agency. You will provide human resources advisory and consultation services, and operating support to employees, supervisors and managers. You will apply a comprehensive knowledge of various HR areas to advise and assist management in accomplishing their personnel management responsibilities. Human Resources program areas include recruitment and staffing, retirement counseling and processing, position evaluation, labor and employee relations, pay setting, awards, performance management, and employee benefits. You will serve as a regional expert and technical specialist, providing advice and staff assistance for assigned program areas. Duties include but are not limited to:
1. Providing advisory services, assistance and guidance to managers in the areas of performance management and labor and employee relations;
2. Advising and counseling employees and managers on the full range of employee benefits including retirement;
3. Utilizing a variety of human resources information systems to perform work, conduct analysis, and prepare reports as necessary;
4. Preparing written correspondence and/or special reports in response to a variety of requests utilizing and analyzing appropriate HR data;
5. Conducting position evaluations, determining recruitment strategies, posting vacancy announcements, reviewing applications and conducting qualifications analysis.Travel Required
Occasional travelTravel requirements are minimal for training and conference attendanceSupervisory status
Help This job is open to
- Individuals with disabilities
- Federal employeesCompetitive service
Current or former competitive service federal employees.
- Federal employeesExcepted service
Current excepted service federal employees.
- Internal to an agency
Current federal employees of this agency.
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on erokko-club.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.