Food Service Worker - Rover Sound Generations Seattle
Short Description :License and access to an insured vehicle in order to do weekly shopping and any necessary subsequent errands Demonstrate friendly, courteous and effective communication skills with staff, participants, volunteers and visitors Valid Food Handlers permit or ability to obtain one Work ,…
Full Description :
Under general supervision, the Food Service Worker prepares and serves nutritious and appealing meals for Community Dining clients. Duties also include maintaining a clean, safe, comfortable and organized food service area, dish washing, trash removal, storage functions, and maintaining sanitary conditions.Work assignments require traveling to different locations in King County.
Note: This is a Part-Time Benefited Position and is scheduled to work 30 Hours per week
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the Chef/ Site Coordinator as needed with meal ordering, inventory and store, preparation, cooking, serving, clean up, dish washing, paperwork and record keeping at assigned locations.
- Prepare and serve meals in absence of a Chef/ Site Coordinator.
- Shop for weekly menu and pick-up food donation, as necessary at some locations.
- Ensure adherence to all applicable health codes and proper food handling techniques following the manual.
- Work with center staff, volunteers, site supervisor and our office admin staff to address special needs/concerns of the site.
- Travel to work sites as required. Attend meetings and maintain regular and reliable attendance and punctuality at the designated work-site to support business operations and team goals.
- Demonstrate an eagerness to learn and enhance skills that promote equity and inclusion. Participate in events related to understanding institutional racism and other forms of oppression.
- Assume and effectively discharge other related duties as assigned.
This position may supervise volunteers.
- Supervised by the Community Dining Director.
- Maintain good relationships with persons using the facility, social and governmental agencies serving the elderly, and with the host agency (Senior Center).
- Demonstrate friendly, courteous and effective communication skills with staff, participants, volunteers and visitors.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- High School Graduation or GED required
- Valid Food Handler's permit or ability to obtain one.
- Prior institutional food prep and/or cooking experience desired.
Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of safe food handling practices and sanitation standards, good personal hygiene, safety precautions, care and use of kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Strong communication skills, customer service or people-oriented
- Dependable in work attendance, reliable.
- Some locations may require a valid Washington State Driver's license and access to an insured vehicle in order to do weekly shopping and any necessary subsequent errands.
- Ability to follow recipes and other procedures
Note: All employees are subject to complete a Criminal History Background Check and must complete a Criminal History Self-Disclosure Form.
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with staff and participants, read and interpret documents such as menus, food labels, food preparation instructions, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, and interpret data.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form, problem solve with kitchen staff.
The employee must possess sight/hearing senses, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements of this position can be fully met. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for many hours. The employee is frequently required to use hands to sort, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
The work environment is a food production facility. The employee works in a sometimes hot, humid and cold kitchen area. The area may become congested and noisy during busy times. The employee also may work with any of the following: stoves, griddle, steam cookers, refrigerators, freezers, food mixers, food processors, meat slicers, dishwashing equipment, sinks, knives and various utensils, pots and pans. Work hazards include hot surfaces, steam, wet floors, hot oil, heavy lifting, knives and other sharp objects, mechanical equipment and cleaning chemicals.
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on erokko-club.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.