Product Owner Beast Code Fort Walton Beachposted by admin on January 01, 1970
Short Description :Drivers license Today, we are a workforce of approximately 100 beasts headquartered in Fort Walton Beach and driving the next wave of software development and technology on the Emerald Coast of Florida Are an expert at Atlassian tools such as Confluence, Jira, and Bitbucket ,…
Full Description :
Who is ?
began in 2014 as a small group of friends with a dream to transcend the traditional defense solution paradigm. Today, we are a workforce of approximately 100 beasts headquartered in Fort Walton Beach and driving the next wave of software development and technology on the Emerald Coast of Florida. Our projects are increasing as we build better solutions for industrial and commercial organizations.
is Tenacious, Resourceful, Collaborative, Passionate, and Disruptive. These qualities ensure that exceeds expectations and develops meaningful applications.
Product Owner Description
runs a tight ship, but our projects are growing more numerous and we require additional hands on deck. We’re looking for a Product Owner to join us as a captain — someone who’ll manage and guide a project to stay on course and arrive at the destination intact and on time.
The primary role of a Product Owner (PO) is to maximize the value of the product through organizing and managing the work of the development team. This includes keeping the Product Backlog in order, so it’s helpful to have some familiarization with the Atlassian suite of Confluence, Jira, and Bitbucket.
A Product Owner is a multi-talented manager capable of balancing business management and people management. This crew member is no micro-managing turncoat. They are, in fact, a macro-manager with an eye on the big picture so the dev team can focus on the details and do the heavy lifting.
The POs are the contact point between the business, the development team, and the client. Thus, we need you to carry these specific skills in your toolbelt:
- Vision: No, we’re not talking about your eyesight, but your mind. On the business side, a good PO has the capacity to understand the company’s vision. On the team side, a PO has the vision to help the development team break it into smaller pieces and organize it to attain the goal.
- Communication: Not only will you have to see the vision with your mind, but you’ll also need to communicate it clearly with your mouth and keyboard. That means expressing the vision to the team, and also communicating the team’s work plan and bandwidth back to the business.
- Mediator: A calm demeanor and thick skin are a must, as you’ll be simultaneously managing the goal and balancing expectations between the team, business, and client. The PO also is a stand-in for the client, so listening to feedback and using it to improve the product is a key function.
If this all fits your swashbuckling skills, then sign up and climb aboard. We’ll even let you announce, “I’m the Captain now!” But only once — and it must be in character. (Google: Captain Phillips)
Parrots and peg legs are not provided, but our workplace does include free beer, scraggly beards, and comradery. And if you require proof that we’re not pirates, we are proud to be recognized by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE Magazine as one of the 50 Best Small Workplaces. We’ve also been recently honored with The Enterprise Florida Entrepreneur and Job Growth Award.
This job might be for you if you are familiar with and/or enjoy:
- Product Backlog Management (i.e. Jira)
- Developing plans & project roadmaps
- Prioritizing tasks to optimize team members and achieve maximum efficiency
- Documentation suites (i.e. Confluence)
- Keep current with software development industry standards/trends
You should bring these skills to the table:
- Project planning & requirement management
- Excellent communicator – comfortable with developers, stakeholders, and clients
- Ability to carry out tasks from start to finish
- Familiar and comfortable with the principles of Agile development
- Capable of assessing and mitigating risks
- A firm understanding of good user experience practices
- Good people skills
- Effective motivator who can foster an environment of self-improvement within a team
You score Bonus Points if you:
- Have experience managing multiple teams collaborating on multiple projects
- Are an expert at Atlassian tools such as Confluence, Jira, and Bitbucket
- Enjoy pouring over analytics and feedback to improve products and increase business value
- Due to the nature of our work, it is mandatory that you are a U.S. Citizen
- Successfully complete a background check and maintain a valid USA driver’s license
- is a drug free work environment using mandatory pre-employment drug testing and random drug testing as per all applicable laws
is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on erokko-club.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.