188362 - LVER EMPLOYMENT SECURITY REP II - 40047185 The State of Florida West Palm Beach
Short Description :The state to support Floridas economy, robust and talented workforce and our local communities Reports findings, through normal administrative channels, to the Director of Veterans Employment and Training Services DVETS and the Office of Federal Contractor Compliance Programs ,…
Full Description :
Requisition No: 188362
Agency: Economic Opportunity
Working Title: 188362LVER EMPLOYMENT SECURITY REP II40047185
Position Number: 40047185
Posting Closing Date: 06/19/2020
JOB TYPE: Full Time/Career ServiceESR II LVER
POSITION LOCATION: WEST PALM BEACH, FLORIDA
The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO) works across the state to support Florida’s economy, robust and talented workforce and our local communities. DEO is dedicated to making a stronger and more resilient Florida, so our businesses, communities and workforce are better prepared to withstand future economic slowdowns and natural disasters. DEO is focusing our efforts to help Floridians rebuild their homes and lives after the devastating impacts of Hurricanes Irma and Michael.
WHAT MAKES DEO UNIQUE AND A GREAT PLACE TO WORK?
- Healthcare Benefits
- Leave Benefits
- Career Growth
- Highly skilled, professional environment
- Ongoing comprehensive training provided
- Student Loan Forgiveness Program (Eligibility Required)
- Tuition Fee Waivers (Accepted by major Florida colleges/universities)
- We are always improving our technology, our tools, our customer's experiences and ourselves
- We care about the success of our clients
- We care about the success of our employees
- A rewarding experience for reliable, compassionate and professional employees
As a condition of pre-employment eligibility, a Level 2 security background screening is required, which consists of fingerprinting and a check of local, state and national law enforcement records.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION, RESPONSES TO THE QUALIFYING QUESTIONS ARE REQUIRED AND MUST BE VERIFIABLE BASED ON YOUR SUBMITTED APPLICATION.
THIS IS A VETERAN FUNDED POSITION. Appointment to this position must be made in the order of preference provided by Public Law 100-323, as follows: First to qualified service-connected disabled veterans; then, if no such disabled veteran is available, to qualified eligible veterans; and if no such eligible veteran is available, to qualified persons (as defined in 38 U.S.C.) Applicants claiming veteran preference must provide a copy of their DD-214 Member 4 copy and when claiming disabled veteran preference must provide a copy of their DD-214 Member 4 copy AND statement of disability from the Veteran's Administration. Applicants applying must ensure that required military documents, DD-214 Member 4 copy and CURRENT U.S. Department of Veterans' Affairs (VA) statement of disability letter, are submitted prior to closure of job announcement.
The Local Veterans’ Employment Representative (LVER) performs duties set forth in Title 38 of the United States Code (U.S.C.), as amended by Public Law 107-288, the Veterans’ Program Plan of Services and the State’s Roles and Responsibilities for DVOPs and LVERs. The incumbent will assure the CareerSource Center compliance with Federal Regulations, standards of performance and contractual provisions of the grant agreement mandating special services for veterans. The incumbent provides direct workforce services to veterans and employers on behalf of veterans.
THE HIRED CANDIDATE WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FOLLOWING:
- Facilitate priority workforce services for veterans in the CareerSource Center, providing functional oversight over the Veteran's Program and the service delivery strategies and services targeting veterans.
- Ensure compliance with all Veterans' Program performance measurements and goals in the career center.
- Provide a full range of workforce services for veterans, including newly separated veterans.
- Monitor job listings and subsequent referrals of qualified veterans to ensure required priority of services is afforded to veterans.
- Conduct Veterans’ Program training for all one-stop associates.
- Serve as an advocate for veterans in the CareerSource Career Center by contacting employers, unions, chambers of commerce, economic development units, apprenticeship programs, training providers, etc., to promote the Veterans' Program, Career Center services and develop employment and training opportunities for veterans.
- Plan/participate in Job Fairs for veterans, employer mass recruitments, employer recruiting agreements, etc.
- Promote credentialing and certification for veterans.
- Contact Veterans Service organizations, community and faith-based organizations, Reserve/National Guard units, etc., to promote the Veterans’ Program and Career Center services.
- Promote and monitor the participation of veterans in Workforce Investment Act (WIA) and other one-stop and federally funded employment and training programs.
- Monitor federal agencies job listings; reports findings, through normal administrative channels, to the Director of Veterans Employment and Training Services (DVETS) and the Office of Federal Contractor Compliance Programs (OFCCP) evidence of failures in providing priority or other special consideration in the provision of services to veteran applicants as required by law and regulations.
- Work closely with appropriate Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) personnel engaged in providing counseling or rehabilitative services to veterans; cooperate with employers in identifying disabled veterans who have completed or are participating in a vocational rehabilitation training program and are in need of employment
THE POSITION HAS THE FOLLOWING JOB RELATED REQUIREMENTS:
- Must possess or obtain certification as a Workforce Professional Tier 1 within six (6) months of employment in the position.
- Occasional local travel throughout the county and/or infrequent travel outside of the county may be required, which may necessitate the use of a personal vehicle.
- Ability to promote and market Career Center.
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills and is a team player.
PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO THOSE APPLICANTS THAT HAVE THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree.
- One (1) year experience in veteran's service or other career services function or equivalent
- Job analysis may substitute on a year-for-year basis for the required college education.
At DEO, we salute our heroes. We are honored to have the opportunity to support our nation’s veterans and their family members by encouraging them to apply for positions at DEO that fit their skill sets. Let DEO’s mission become yours.
Working hours: Weekdays from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Hours and schedule may vary with supervisor approval.
This position’s advertisement may also be viewed by registering on the Employ Florida website at http://www.employflorida.com/.
The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. (TTY/TDD 1-800-955-8771 or the Florida Relay Service – 711.)
If you think you have been subjected to unlawful discrimination, you may file a complaint within 180 days from the date of the alleged violation with either the recipient’s Equal Opportunity Officer, or the Director, Civil Rights Center:
- Equal Opportunity Officer, Department of Economic Opportunity, Caldwell Building – MSC 150, 107 East Madison Street, Tallahassee, FL 32399-4129; or
- Director, Civil Rights Center (CRC), U.S. Department of Labor, 200 Constitution Avenue NW, Room N-4123, Washington, DC 20210.
is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.VETERANS’ PREFERENCE. Pursuant to Chapter 295, Florida Statutes, candidates eligible for Veterans’ Preference will receive preference in employment for Career Service vacancies and are encouraged to apply. Candidates claiming Veterans’ Preference must attach supporting documentation with each submission that includes character of service (for example, DD Form 214 Member Copy #4) along with any other documentation as required by Rule 55A-7, Florida Administrative Code. Veterans’ Preference documentation requirements are available by clicking here. All documentation is due by the close of the vacancy announcement.
Nearest Major Market: Palm Beach
Nearest Secondary Market: Miami
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on erokko-club.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.