Lead, Last Mile Operations XPO Logistics Portlandposted by admin on November 23, 2020
Short Description :Logistics or Supply Chain Management XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety Assist with managing the daily operations of contract carriers, including maintaining contractor schedules, monitoring reports and fostering positive ,…
Full Description :
Logistics done differently.
XPO Logistics, a leader in the transportation and logistics industry, is looking for a talented individual who can deliver the caliber of service our company requires. As the Lead, Last Mile Operations, you will coordinate with site leadership to provide support for all home delivery services and assist in handling day-to-day operations. On our team, you’ll have the support to excel at work and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Assist with managing the daily operations of contract carriers, including maintaining contractor schedules, monitoring reports and fostering positive working relationships with contract carriers and helpers
- Use route planning software to build efficient delivery routes
- Manage the dispatch of contract carriers and resolve issues throughout the day
- Partner with the Operations Manager to identify problem areas, including restructuring routes to improve operational efficiencies
- Train and develop contract carriers, dispatchers and warehouse personnel to meet and exceed customer expectations
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- 4 years of experience in logistics or transportation, inventory control and merchandise reconciliation
- Experience with Microsoft Office
It’d be great if you also have:
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in a business-related field, Logistics or Supply Chain Management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
This job requires the ability to:
- Lift up to 50 lbs.
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on erokko-club.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.