Retail Merchandise Processor - URGENT - FULL-TIME - STERLING, VA Goodwill Industries Sterling
Short Description :Because they value their employees Prices all sellable items for the retail store Ability to read, write, and comprehend basic instruction Follows good safety and security practices including reporting safety hazards and ,…
Full Description :
Goodwill of Greater Washington (GGW) is looking for a FULL-TIME Merchandise Processor with warehouse experience, who is result-driven, confident, energetic, and productive individual who has the experience working in a fast-paced, high performing environment while leading the company to success!
Partner with production and retail team members in a high energy fast-paced environment to perform a variety of operational functions that include sorting, processing, and preparing donated merchandise to display for sale and distribution in a Goodwill retail store.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Transfers merchandise from containers to determine appropriateness for the sales floor in accordance with established guidelines.
- Stays abreast of brand name, designer labels, current and vintage styles.
- Sorts apparel into boutique, salable, and salvage categories according to quota.
- Places items on hangers, places hangers on rolling rack, and transports them to the sales floor keeping similar items grouped.
- Counts pieces of clothing and records on Daily Hanger Report.
- Places non-sellable merchandise in the appropriate container.
- Prices all sellable items for the retail store.
- Follows good safety and security practices including reporting safety hazards and injuries to the manager on duty.
- Maintains a pace at which one is able to meet daily quota for pieces processed.
- Maintains a professional appearance adhering to Goodwill uniform standards.
- Assists in the collection and stocking of donated merchandise.
- Provides excellent service to Goodwill’s donors and retail customers.
- Performs other duties as directed.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Competitive Compensation and Benefits
- Career Growth and Opportunities
- Work-Life Balance
- Training Programs to improve your Skills
- Dynamic Culture
- Opportunity to work for a Well-Respected, Fun and Fulfilling Organization
- Supportive Leaders
Why Goodwill of Greater Washington (GGW):
Goodwill is a mission-driven organization, which means we never lose sight of the people we serve or the power of work. We also understand that strong businesses succeed because they value their employees. We are committed to giving our employees what they need to be successful.
To be considered for this opportunity you MUST have the following minimum qualifications:
- A minimum of six months of previous work experience.
- Ability to perform basic math.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend basic instruction.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally with associates and customers.
- Ability to perform continuous walking, stooping, standing, bending, lifting, kneeling and climbing for prolonged periods of time (up to 7 hours – per 8-hour shift).
- Ability to lift to 40 pounds frequently.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience working in a warehouse environment.
- Previous experience working with merchandise pricing
- Basic computer skills
If this sounds like you, then we want to hear from you today!
WORK FOR A LEADING COMPANY WHILE MAKING A DIFFERENCE IN YOUR COMMUNITY!
HELP TO BUILD OUR RETAIL TEAM AT OUR STERLING STORE, IN STERLING, VA
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $11.50 per hour
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
- One location
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on erokko-club.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.