Executive Assistant - COVID-19 (Health Services) Shelby County Government Memphis
Short Description :Possess a valid Tennessee driverquots license or secure one upon the date of employment Three 3 years of progressively responsible secretarial and/or clerical experience and one 1 year college study 30 semester hours or 36 quarter hours from ,…
Full Description :
This position is durational until December 30, 2020 and may be extended contingent on additional funding.
Works under the direct supervision of the Deputy Division Director-COVID-19 to perform various designated administrative, secretarial, clerical, and confidential duties.
Pay Grade: 51 Minimum Qualifications
100.00%1. Four (4) years of progressively responsible secretarial and/or clerical experience and a high school diploma or possess a GED; OR
2. Three (3) years of progressively responsible secretarial and/or clerical experience and one (1) year college study (30 semester hours or 36 quarter hours) from an accredited college, university, or business school in secretarial sciences or office administration.
3. Experience in office or project management preferred.
4. PROOF OF EDUCATION, TRAINING AND/OR EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED. Duties and Responsibilities
1. Receives and screens telephone calls, correspondences and visitors.
2. Answers questions and receives complaints and/or routes to appropriate parties.
3. Connects citizens and employees to resources.
4. Informs Deputy Division Director and other operating personnel of policies established, administrative decisions reached, and problems resolved.
5. Composes and formats correspondence, memoranda, reports, and other documents requiring individual judgement and other communications of a sensitive nature.
6.Maintains daily calendar and appointment schedule for the Deputy Division Director.
7. Schedules and prepares for meetings, employee group sessions, and other organizational functions. Develops Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations.
8. Establishes and maintains office records and correspondence files, handles office administrative matters for the Deputy Division Director"s office, maintains highly confidential files, information, and working papers.
Assists in the administration of the COVID-19 budget.
9. Handles incoming and outgoing mail; distributes, routes, and files as required.
10. Assures adequate inventory levels of office supplies and equipment.
11. Assists with select special projects as assigned.
12. Responds to Health Department Operations Center (HDOC) as needed.
13. Performs other related duties as required or directed. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
KSAs1. Knowledge of English grammar and presentation formats.
2. Ability to express ideas clearly, concisely, orally and in writing.
3. Ability to efficiently plan and organize interoffice procedures.
4. Ability to employ good judgement regarding information sharing.
5. Ability to coordinate the work efforts of others and supervise employees.
6. Ability to engage officials, employees, and the public with courtesy and tact.
7. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
8. Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities.
9. Skilled in summarizing minutes from conferences, etc., and typing into proper format.
10. Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint). Special Requirements
1. Must successfully complete a typing skills assessment of 44 words per minute.
2. Must successfully complete a skills assessment for Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel).
3. Must possess a valid Tennessee driver"s license or secure one upon the date of employment.
4. Must have daily access to an operable automobile and meet County requirements for automobile insurance upon date of employment.
5. Must be available to be on-call. Application Special Instructions
This is a Non-Civil Service Appointed Position.
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on erokko-club.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.