Community & Communications Specialists Greater Omaha Packing, Inc. Omahaposted by admin on January 01, 1970
Short Description :Success State and over 70 countries around the globe This new position will play a key role in promoting the organization through communication, recruitment, social media, media relations, community events, and content creation Create engaging content for social ,…
Full Description :
Community & Communications Specialist
Greater Omaha Packing has been in the business of beef for 100 years. We are a privately held, family owned business with an uncompromising commitment to the well-being of our employee family, quality of product, food safety and the humane treatment of animals.
With our headquarters located in South Omaha’s Stockyard district, we are located in the middle of the largest supply of Angus and Hereford cattle in the world. Greater Omaha is rare in the beef business, as all of our processing is done under one roof, giving us maximum control over the quality of our product. We ship and deliver fresh cut top-of-the Prime grade beef to every U.S. state and over 70 countries around the globe.
We are currently hiring for a new communications position to work with the human resources team on all aspects of internal and external communications and community relations. If you are currently looking for an opportunity to bring communications experience and the opportunity to build a new strategy, we hope you will consider Greater Omaha Packing.
The Community & Communications Manager is responsible for overseeing all internal and external communications for Greater Omaha Packing, ensuring consistent messaging and branding. This new position will play a key role in promoting the organization through communication, recruitment, social media, media relations, community events, and content creation.
- Design digital engagement communications for recruitment of new employees
- Develop and implement digital marketing campaigns and monitor their success
- Create engaging content for social media posts, including copy, utilizing graphics and editing video
- Engage with followers on various media platforms, responding to comments and questions
- Draft all internal communications to engage with employees and demonstrate their value and the company’s appreciation
- Oversee internal campaigns, including contests and employee appreciation events
- Maintain relevant and refreshed content on company kiosks for employees
- Maintain relevant and refreshed content on company website
- Work with communications vendors to manage paid media campaigns
- Ensure the company’s brand is consistently used in all sponsorship opportunities
- Identify opportunities for community engagement to build brand affinity, especially among Hispanic and Asian organizations
- Identify opportunities for senior leadership to take on community leadership roles
- Represent the company at key local initiatives to drive commitment to community well-being
- Work with company leadership on any earned media opportunities – proactive or reactive
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong sense of urgency, self-motivated, and detail oriented
- Proactive in resolving problems and issues
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong collaborative relationships
- Demonstrated ability in effectively using social media platforms, especially Facebook
- Basic graphic design skills to create memes, visuals
- At least two years’ experience in communications, marketing or public relations is required. Experience in manufacturing or food processing desired.
- Other desired skills also include:
- Fluent in Spanish strongly preferred
- Video editing skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Other degrees combined with relevant experience will be considered.
- Competitive Salary based on experience
- Excellent benefit package including medical, vision, and dental Insurance
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Employee retirement plan with up to 6% employer match
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,766.00 - $74,857.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Bonus pay
We are COVID -19 compliant, and take every precaution as set forth by the CDC and other industry guidelines to ensure our employees have the safest working environment possible.
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Spanish (Preferred)
This Job Is:
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Waiting period may apply
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on erokko-club.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.