DATA CLERK (OFFICE OF THE PUBLIC DEFENDER) CLOSING DATE – June 17, 2020 Cook County Offices Under the President Chicago
Short Description :A VETERAN ON THEIR EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION BY ANSWERING YES TO THE QUESTION Are you a military veteran Ability to convey information and explain or describe basic eDefender procedure to others in person or by telephone Ability to ,…
Full Description :
This is a Grant funded position.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development Test (G.E.D.) Certificate is required. (Must provide proof at time of interview)
- One (1) year of full-time data maintenance, data processing and data entry work experience is required.
- Typing speed of 40 words per minute with minimum errors is required. If selected for an interview, you may be required to take a typing test.
- Degrees awarded outside of the United States with the exception of those awarded in one of the United States’ territories and Canada must be credentialed by an approved U.S. credential evaluation service belonging to the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE). Original credentialing documents must be presented at time of interview.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS Skill and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to use Microsoft Excel to analyze data including pivot tables and aggregate functions. Understanding of the foundational concepts of structured and unstructured data and the practical application or working with large data sets. Ability to apply basic mathematic skills to office bookkeeping and perform calculations, such as figuring totals, percentages and extensions. Good attention to multifarious detail, ability to proof, verify and edit complex data, transcribe and cross reference data. Ability to follow-up in a thorough and timely manner relative to unresolved business. Thorough knowledge of correct language usage, punctuation and grammar, and their proper application to business forms, letters and technical records. Knowledge of technical, legal or medical terms and their proper spelling, where applicable. Skill and accuracy in the control, organization and maintenance of files and records according to various methods. Good communication skills; ability to gather information from others and make inquiries; ability to convey information and explain or describe basic eDefender procedure to others in person or by telephone. Skill in exercising sound judgment relative to problem solving and referring problems in the appropriate manner. Skill in the operation of standard office equipment. Ability to understand and carry out instructions, written and verbal and accurately relate such instructions in full or part to others. Ability to multi-task and perform well under pressure, plan and conduct multiple assignments within specified time frame/deadlines; ability to fill in for and perform the duties of lower level clerical staff as needed; ability to relieve higher level clerical or secretarial staff. Good organizational skills. Ability to retrieve files and other important information quickly and effectively.
Physical Requirements Light Work
Light Work involves exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, or a negligible amount of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. Even though the weight lifted may be only a negligible amount, a job/occupation is rated Light Work when it requires: (1) walking or standing to a significant degree; (2) sitting most of the time while pushing or pulling arm or leg controls; or (3) working at a production rate pace while constantly pushing or pulling materials even though the weight of the materials is negligible.The duties listed are not set forth for purposes of limiting the assignment of work. They are not to be construed as a complete list of the many duties normally to be performed under a job title or those to be performed temporarily outside an employee's normal line of work.
VETERAN’S PREFERENCE When applying for employment with Cook County Government, preference is given in the application process to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for more than 180 consecutive days, or during War Time. To take advantage of this preference a Veteran must:
- MEET THE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION.
- IDENTIFY THEMSELVES AS A VETERAN ON THEIR EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION BY ANSWERING YES TO THE QUESTION “Are you a military veteran?”
- ATTACH A COPY OF THEIR DD 214, DD 215 or NGB 22 (NOTICE OF SEPARATION) AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING. IF YOU HAVE MULTIPLE DD 214S, 215S, OR NGB 22S, PLEASE SUBMIT THE ONE WITH THE LATEST DATE. COAST GUARD MUST SUBMIT A CERTIFIED COPY OF THE MILITARY SEPARATION FROM EITHER THE DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION (BEFORE 911) OR THE DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY (AFTER 911).
VETERAN MUST PROVIDE ORIGINAL APPLICABLE DISCHARGE PAPERS AT TIME OF INTERVIEW.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Basic Term Life Insurance
- Pension Plan and Deferred Compensation Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time
- You May Qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- This position requires successful completion of post-offer tests, which may include a background check, drug screen and medical examination.
Falsification of any information in the application process will result in disqualification, dismissal after hire, and/or placement on the County’s Ineligible for Rehire List for a period of two (2) or five (5) years. For current County employees, such falsification may result in discipline, up to and including termination, and placement on the County’s Ineligible for Rehire List for a period of two (2) or five (5) years. See Cook County Code of Ordinances, Article II, Sections 44-54 Unlawful Practices Relating to Employees and EmploymentPenalty, 44-56 Political Discrimination; Cook County Employment Plan, Section V.N. Pre-Interview License and Certification Verification; Supplemental Policy No. 2014-2.13 Ineligible for Rehire List; and Cook County Personnel Rules 3.3(b) (7) (8) (18).
COOK COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER NOTE: As an internal candidate, should you be offered the position, salary allocations shall abide by the Cook County Personnel Rules.
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on erokko-club.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.